Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

reddragun61rreddragun61 Posts: 27
edited 09/10/2015 - 11:17 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Went for 1st injection this morning. I was sedated. He couldn't do the injection from the back due to the bones being so tight cause of my fusion. Instead he went in from the side of my neck. So far so good. Went to a Surgery Center to have it done. I had to put on a hospital gown, a blue head cover, get hooked up to an IV, heart monitor and oxygen just for an injection. WOW!!! You'd thought I was having actual surgery. I had a lumbar injection before and all I had to do was pull my pants down a little and raise my shirt. I guess the neck is a more sensitive area since it does contain the spinal cord. I have two more injections to go. 3 is all I'm allowed in a 6 month period. The only bad thing I can say about today is, I can't remember anything during the first hour after I woke up and left the Center. I was still in what you would say "LaLa Land". Before all this took place, I was examined and I was told I would have to have trigger point injections in my left shoulder and left side of neck cause of the swelling in that area. I hope those work.

• I just had an epidural shot in my neck today. I have a herniated disc on my left side. I've been going through months of pain, tingling and numbing. I too chose to be sedated. Everything you described about the hospital gown, blue head cover, IV, oxygen and etc was the same for me as well. I did not feel a single thing throughout the procedure. Once it was over, I asked the doctor did you do anything? While I was in recovery, I still had numbing and tingling in my fingers. The pain throughout the day was minimal. I can only hope it remains this way so I won't have to go to surgery. Wishing you relief from your pain!
  • hi Sasy 0920,
    I had my neck injection at C7-T1 on Tues the 8th and today is the 10th and I am in a lot of pain right now. I guess I kinda over did it with some cleaning I was trying to catch up on last night. Now I know what I can and can't do after an injection. I am hurting worse now than before the injection. I hope everything goes good for you