Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trading Places

Think about this one before you post.

You have this one chance to trade places with someone.

Who would that be?

And Why?
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,807
    This one could have so many answers , it's so hard for just one.

Probably one of the kids in cancer treatment dying that I saw when had cancer. They should get a chance to enjoy a disease and painless moment in life.

If I was being selfish , it would be myself at 24 prior to injury when my godchild was small and we were best buds, and i believed life was just starting and the best was ahead. The reason is because I was in best shape of my life and everything had finally came together

Outside of that I would want to trade places with a doctor treating chronic pain patients knowing what I do now. Reason being just to be able to directly influence helping people in pain

Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,384
    edited 09/14/2015 - 4:24 PM
    That is too hard a question to answer
    Right now.
    But someday

Everyone has tbier alotted journey
    Their own toils and troubles which shape them and the world around them.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• gfishggfish Pittsburgh PAPosts: 159
    Dont know if I could trade places. But like to for a day, so some could feel like i do. Dont really think family and friends can understand what spinal fusion or back surgery can do to a person. But to have fun with it. Like to trade with a major league baseball player. I enjoy the game a lot. Dont play it, But try to go when I can. Just to stand on the field and look up at everyone. Or hit a ball out of the park. That has to be a great feeling. Then tip your hat when you round 3rd base coming down to home.
    Greg fisher
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    Then who would be the MLB player you would want to be?

For me, its always been a toss up between Don Mattingly and Mickey Mantle (cant you tell I am a Yankee fan)
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • gfishggfish Pittsburgh PAPosts: 159
    edited 11/26/2015 - 12:26 PM
    One of the best pitchers of all time. I could not even imagine what its like to stand there and see a 95 mph ball go by you. Let alone hit it! Plus he was a class act. He wrote a book called, Miracle Man. Its a good book if you like Ryan. But It really is all about him.
    Greg fisher
  • If I could, I would trade places with my younger self. I would savor the youth that has slipped into the abyss. I would slow down and actually do the things I always wanted to do. Truly regret is the hardest thing to live with. Love has to be the most important state of being mankind can acquire. When all is said and done, we all just want to be loved. What else is there?