Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello everyone. Some of you probably already seen my post regarding my neck stiffness. I've been seeing a chiropractor after seeing multiple doctors who couldn't give me any straight answers. The neck stiffness has improved the past two months of chiropractic treaments. The thing is.. he told me I had a little arthritis in my neck. I'm not a doctor.. but I don't see any osteoarthritis at all. The neck stiffness has improve.. but I sometimes wake up and my trap feels like it's on fire. It goes away as the day progresses. I experience tingling in my shoulders and arms. I'm still getting some cramping in my leg. It feels stiff sometimes. Sometimes it'll be both legs. The dizziness has subsided a little. I feel more balanced. 3 Months ago I felt like I was going to fall over all of the time. I went to my primary doctor and informed him of the "arthritis". He looked at the images that were taken in May and said, "the report is normal.. you're fine. If they saw any it would be on the report." I'm concerned because when I do light weights.. my neck tightens and I can feel tightness in my thoracic spine. The next morning after my workout I can feel tightness in my top t spine and lower cervical area. My neck also feels a little stiffer in the morning. I went to my orthopedic doctor. He said, "When we took xrays a few months ago..I didn't see any... and I doubt you have a problem with a facet joint..you're 27..you're too long for that. Your muscles are just stiff still. You're probably not getting the proper blood flow.. that's why you r muscles tighten up. ..just continue to ice and you'll be fine. If you continue to have the problem a couple of months from now."

I went to a rheumatologist today to see if I had any inflammatory problems. She was incredibly helpful. I informed her of the supposed "arthritis" and she said, "We all eventually get some arthritis to some degree..but if it was significant.. they would've caught it on the xrays and MRI." She's testing me for all kinds of different things. Lyme, RA, Lupus, Vitamin deficiencies.

I guess what I'm trying to ask..if the arthritis is supposedly "minimal" like the chiro said, do you think it could cause as many issues as I've been experiencing? Balance, stiffness, tingling in arms/fingers/shoulders, leg cramping, twitching, and occasional headaches. You would think I would have something serious going on with my cervical spine...but all xrays and MRI's were normal. I guess it's one of those things where I'm afraid of doing any further damage. Any advice is appreciated.

• I'm sorry you're still having a lot of problems :(
    I'm glad you're looking for answers too, keep going but also keep living - try not to let this take over your whole life.
    I'm 36, had problems since a car accident at 19. I have severe arthritis in my neck but I don't get any of your symptoms or at least not to a huge degree as my pain & issues are from 4 prolapsed discs and nerve damage.
    Keep us posted, something obviously isn't right but I would think arthritis isn't it!!!!
    Kirsti :)
    Kirsti x
  • Thanks kirsti. It's just really frustrating when you're doctors won't give you a straight answer or help. I honestly think I have a arthritis of a facet joint. I was told that If I did it would show on the MRI/xray and I was "too young" to have that. the rheumatologist told me that if I was anything significant it would be on the report/images. My right leg feels really stiff today and I was getting tingling in my legs yesterday. I have tingling in my index and pink finger on my right hand and my right trap feels tight. I don't know really where to turn. The rheumatologist is the fifth doctor I've seen.
  • Hey everyone. I'm still waiting on my results from the my rheumy. Lately I've been experiencing tingling or shocks along my right trap near my spine. Also in my thumbs and pinky/index fingers...mainly in my right hand. A lot of tingling in my legs and numbness in my legs as well. The chiro adjusted my c-7 and t-1 verts yesterday. No problem yesterday after. Now I do. I'm still getting headaches and pulling of the right eye. I'm really confused because my MRI and xrays were all normal. Could basic nerve inflammation/irritation cause in my lower cervical spine cause these problems? My neck isn't as stiff as it used to be and I still on occasion feel unbalanced.
  • Hello everyone...I really need some advice now. I woke up this morning and had the typical pain along my shoulder blade near my spine. Still having issues with fingers. Chiro believes I have a problem with a disc possibly bulging. My MRI was normal, though. I'm really scared I'll have to have surgery and not be able to have an active lifestyle ever again. I know I can get an appointment with my ortho right away and a neurologist would take a while. I want to knip this in the butt before I gets worse. Should I go back to the orthopedic doctor or wait for a neuro and take it easy?