Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Minimally invasive surgery

I have been diagnosed with severe cervical stenosis at C5-C6, C6-C7. I ve following ADR and fusion surgeries from the beginning. Now I am wondering about minimally invasive surgeries. I have never heard anyone getting those surgeries for multiple level severe stenosis. I do not want to get fusion or ADR for the following reasons
1) I have severe stenosis. I have a disc bulge which causes it. My bulge is not that bad (no herniation, no height loss), it just my spinal canal is very narrow. So I am wondering if I can save my real disc partially.
2) While a lot of people have good results from ADR & fusion, I see some complications like adjacent level disease, fused ADR, instrumentation issues.

I am wondering why there is not one single procedure like fusion and what are the options.. whether there are statistics with more than 100 patients?
MRI shows C4-C7 severe steonosis. Pain in hand.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    I still believe cervical surgeries are the best to go through.
    They have become so common place for surgeons and the recovery almost always seems so positive.

I've posted for you many times, the various cervical surgery techniques. Just go over to the main page and under treatments look at cervical surgeries. There it will explain everything you want to know and much more plus videos.

Its good that you are researching all options. But honestly, I would want to get the opinion from your doctor and want they think is the best for your situation. You can read everything, but that does not mean something is better or not for you.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com