Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The Walls of Paradise

Ome man walking toward his sunset
Came upon the walls of Paradise.
But the door was closed.
So he...decided to wait

Another man came upon the first,,and asked
Why are you waiting,that door never opens
Ive been by here a thousand,thousand times
And the door is,always closed.

The first man answered he will wait
The second man said as you will.

Day after day the first man waited
When it became clear the seasons were changing
He built his house...close by the door
Which never opened.

Day after day,the other man walked by and shook his head,and sometimes told him..I told you,that door will never open.

In his house the first man sat at the window
Sometimes the sun shined
Sometimes,it rained
The drops
Little stars exploding on the pains of glass
Like little super novas
The little pops on the glass,reminded him,he was alive.

In the spring,he planted flowers on the path,to the door which would never open...
And a shady tree to sit under when the day grew hot
He ate
He drank
He slept

Life went on at the doors of paradise
One day
The other man,hobbled by age,toil and the many futile miles he had gone in circles past the dorrs of Paradise
Stopped and asked the first man
If by chance
The Doors of Paradise had ever opened?

The first man
Stooped himself by time,and tides

Looked upon the raggedt soul before him
And said no
Those doors were never opened

But iI built my life out side,in hope,of ,one day they would.
I ate
I drank
I built my house where i was comfortable as I could

While,I saw you walk,
Around and around
Never happy
Always watching,but never still
And I watched you fade away

I never saw Paradise
But I had my Peace.
What did you see?
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 496
    Think I've been traveling both paths at times....hence the feelings of getting nowhere, or just spinning my wheels.

Good life parable, and I didn't even need a picture ; )
  • 2dgs4cmpany22dgs4cmpany Posts: 200
    edited 09/14/2015 - 9:27 AM
    I have always been fortunate enough to live next to paradise. I've enjoyed all of life's gifts..seriously. I've always looked around and been in awe of the day. I've lived my life in the present for the most part. Even thru pain, I've seen its gifts.

Now. Now I'm on the precipice of a surgery that will decide my next chapter in life. my fear is that I will not have my mobility restored, and as such be more home bound. I fear I will lose my wonder and wandering joy. And as I type that, it makes me wonder if I am still living next to paradise. I hope I can be content as I am now. Time will tell.

Just such a lovely poem ranchhand. You've given me pause and a guide for meditation.
  • Paradise is more a process thana place i think
    Its being close to what makes you happiest.
    Even if you dont reach it,your near enough to feel the touch of the same breeze,the taste of the cooling water is refreshing.
    I hope for a better place
    But I will build a life nonetheless.

I may have bits and pieces
    But i will enjoy them as if ime inside

Happyness isnt always found
    It is sometimes made.

Too many people,say,dont settle for less than the best.
    I say making the best of what you got is sometimes an answer.

Hope eternal
    Sunshine and flowers strewn before your path
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health