Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lower back pain and a softball

mejamesmmejames Posts: 1
edited 09/14/2015 - 4:55 AM in Lower Back Pain
ok I`ve been all over the place looking for practical advice for treating a mysterious lower back injury. I think I might have the answer for so many of us suffering out there. I `ve been spending long hrs. on my pc . I awoke in the middle of the night for my routine bathroom trip only to discover I couldn`t straighten up. I was in severe pain like 10+ . I made it there and back and awoke to find out my problems were just beginning. two weeks of this agony and online looking for help. I was ready to see my fam .doc or em rm .then in one of the many forums I visited I found a possible solution. I read about pc and lower back issues involving psoas muscles . I skimmed over many accounts of people saying you gotta try this it provides serious relief. of course it went right by me not being familiar with the terms. then I saw a video instructing me how to do these simple exercises using a softball the floor and your body`s own weight . this was something I could manage and was desperate for relief. they call this procedure a release and it`s not recommended by and for everyone. I`m telling you it was amazing I stood up straight for the first time in two weeks. it doesn`t eliminate the problem all together but it was drug free cost nothing and I happen to have a bucket of softballs from my slow pitch days. this was how I got out of bed this morning .that`s right you can even do it in bed. it really does work! this is day two of being able to move about with minimal discomfort and I hope this helps all those suffering. I realize some folks might have real serious injuries and my thoughts are if you can`t get down on the floor in the first place go seek medical treatment from a legitimate doc. if you can get on the floor do so right away! don`t suffer needlessly like I did. thanks for allowing me to join in this forum. we can get by with a little help from our friends . jimmy d of pa.

Before you try any supplement, herb, over the counter item, exercise program, mechanical aid, brace, etc always consult with your doctor to make sure you get their approval.
Some of these products may be very effective, but no two individuals or medical conditions are alike. What works for one, may cause trouble for another..

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 09/14/15 10:54