Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The Effective Thread and Then .....

The nature of online forums present scenarios in which the way threads/posts are put together and followed determine how effective they really are.

Effective Try to do

• - Short concise writing, summarizing the situation
    - Use of paragraph breaks
    - Minimize acronyms when possible
    - Asking it, not telling
    - Staying positive even in negative situations
Pitfalls What to avoid

• - Very long initial threads. Many people stop reading when any thread gets close to a page long
    - Threads without any paragraph breaks. They become too difficult to read and people stop
    - Threads/Posts laced with abbreviated text. I mean y cant u c that I am saying that u and doc .....
    - Talking all negatives
    - Bad mouthing doctors, hospitals, therapists, pharmacists
    - Telling people what to do
    - Telling people to insist or demand something
Potential problems Decrease the number of people who read and will respond

Very large threads[/u] These are the multi-volume threads
Opportunity for an individual to document everything from situations prior to surgery, the actual surgery and recovering from surgery. People get to read about the ups and downs.
Hard to read. Limited audience. We have had some here over the years that have 3 or 4 volumes. Its close to impossible for new members to join in. Not that they aren't welcomed, but its like jumping into a book 1/2 way through without knowing whats going on.

[u]One way threads[/u] This is where almost 90% of the thread contains the comments from only one person
Really none
Becomes clear that people do not really want to follow that thread and will stop reading it

[u]Jumping in[/u] These are the threads were a new post has no relationship to the thread
That member potentially identifies themselves as having only self interest and not caring about what others are saying.

[u]Its my way or the highway
Those threads in which the member replies, but always adds their 'how to fix it'
Cant think of any
People stop reading anything that member comments on

When ever you have a question about HOW or WHERE to put a thread, ask us. We will always be glad to help you out.

Ron DiLauro,  Spine-Health

• chop my leg offcchop my leg off British ColumbiaPosts: 56
    Can we have a wcb / workers compensation / discriminatory action / work safe bc type forum?
    L5S1..2 microdisectomies in 30 days maybe one more on the agenda. 4 bulged discs and one of them loves my spinal canal X2 :/ and a compression fracture . And now scar tissue wrapped around the nerve causing horrible neuropathy all over again.   VICIOUS CIRCLE :(