Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rib and Back Pain from Spinal Stimulator... HELP!

I just got my spinal stimulator in about a month ago. Lately, I have been getting right side rib pain and upper back pain when I turn my device on. It's so bad that I can't handle the pain and turn the device right off. I have a Dr appointment Thursday, but until then, has anyone had them happen before?
Chelsea Parrent

• I have that same issue and hot my implant just two weeks ago. I saw my surgeon today and he said the upper back pain is just from the surgery because they moved things around in there and it could take up to 6 weeks to go away. As for the rib pain, well my paddle migrated to the left a bit and he said that is what can be causing it. I see him again in 4 weeks and if the pain hasn't stopped then it will be another operation so he can adjust the leads and secure them some more. I have the rib pain no matter if it's on or off so I can't offer any good advice on why it's hurting you when the stimulator is on. Best of luck and let us know what your Dr says.
  • My pain has greatly decreased this week, how is yours?