Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Don't know what to do about a positive urine test with my pain management

comoves.66ccomoves.66 Posts: 1
edited 09/18/2015 - 9:14 PM in New Member Introductions
I'm so new to this group. I'm a mother of 5 . I've been dealing with chronic lower back pain . Spinal Stenosis. I had been see a pain doctor for 6 years & was dismissed because he no longer would accept my state insurance. He said he only continued to see me as a courtesy. (For 6 years! ) so he gave me 3 months of medication till I found a new doctor . Well my primary gave 2 months of pain meds till I finally found another pain doctor . I started to see him almost a year ago . I loved the fact that he was giving me test that hadn't been done in the 6 years with the previous doctor . Diagnosed me with pinched nerves & the spinal stenosis. He preformed several injections & radiol frequency injections but really didn't help . Well my last drug test I was call a few days later telling me that my test came back positive for cocaine !! That he would only see me one more time to give me one more script. I couldn't believe it!! So I found a new pain doctor an hour away , go there today for him to tell me he would not prescribe me any medication but could schedule me for an injection. I was so emotional, embarrassed ,& mad , that I stormed out of there after he tells me that I need to find a clinic to get suboxten to get off my meds! I don't know what to do ! The doctor who let me go for the positive drug test does not properly hand samples . The first visit I had to come back to the office because someone had three out my urine sample that sat on the back of the toilet with 2 other samples ! The nurse had already called the pharmacy to tell them not to take my prescription until they got a new urine sample ! The day I took my last test there was 2 other sample in the bathroom when I went in to do mine . Someone please help , I don't know what to do !

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
~ spine-health moderator, savage

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    for two reasons.

1. You saw many different doctors. Without knowing the details, many others will view that as doctor shopping.

2. Urine test came back positive.

All that information is available to all other doctors and pharmacists. So, when you go to find another doctor, they will have that information.

When you do go to another doctor, have all your medical records and diagnostic test reports with you. Then tell the doctor up front about your history and situation.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com