Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Busy Doctor - DCRS Syndrome

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Pain Medications
You see a new doctor. He looks over x-rays, mri's etc. Doctor see's the issues and has no issue with prescibing pain meds.

3 months later. 600 patients later. you walk back in and DCRS kicks in ( Doctor Can't Remember Sh.. ).

Doctor - What can I help you with.
Patient - I'm here to refill meds and do blood work.
Doctor - Doctor presents his anti pain med speech and suggests an nsaid.
Patient - Umm...

So how do you all remind the doc about your specific condition with out making him real mad at you? Its like they forget everything about your case between visits and you have to start all over again. First visit hes pushing pain meds at me and the return visit im getting speeches.

Im up for a second appt on thur with a new rhemy doc. I really don't want to have to go through DCRS again lol.

• I think bubble has it right... just start off with, "I'm here b/c you told me to come back for a refill and blood work" If the doctor starts into the med lecture, I would gently remind them of your situation. I don't really see any other route. Doctors see HUNDREDS of patients a day. I read once, that catching the Dr. early in the am, before they have had the chance to get too stressed from the day, is the best time. They are less likely to be running behind, and rushing. Good luck :)