Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C6/7 ACDF - My Pre and post Surgery Journey Part 2 (why it was closed)

SHModeratorSHModerator Posts: 43
edited 09/21/2015 - 5:47 AM in Recovering from Surgery
This forum thread has been taken offline for additional reviews.

Ron DiLauro,  Spine-Health

• I've been searching for this forum thread but kept getting a message "access denied". In researching acdf over the last month this was the most informative & positive group of people that I'd come across yet part 2 was taken down. Im sure its helped many many people in their journey's & i know I would have been a basket case without the support & kindness of all the good people that were contributing with positive advice & sharing their experiences with me pre & post aurgery. To take away that support network without any notice is shattering to those that have built relationships with other kind, considerate members. Very disappointed.
  • I have been avidly following this very encouraging thread as I am 4 weeks post C5-C7 ACDF.

I hope the reason for its removal and hopefully re- instatement will be explained.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    edited 09/21/2015 - 4:36 AM
    very soon.

I am not going to go into any details. We always respect the privacy of any individual.

We also agree that this has been a very helpful thread for a number of members.

All though, personally I am not a fan of large blog like threads. Its easy for people to start following, but if you came in late, it becomes more difficult to follow everything. That has been the biggest complaint we get. But we still permit these type of threads to continue.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Does not seem like a very good reason to me. Sounds more like censorship.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    edited 09/21/2015 - 5:47 AM
    Censorship would mean preventing people for saying things.

When a person ignores a rule, that is a violation.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • RichardARRichardA Posts: 149
    edited 01/17/2016 - 2:16 PM
    It was a story that evolved into a place where we could all feel safe to express ourselves (or so we thought anyway!) - every single person I have ever met on this site appreciated enormously how they could read our journeys from pre-surgery thru post surgery in one hit. I look at the threads on the forums today and they are all over the place with a few responses here and there...it becomes a trawling nightmare if you want to find out what the hell is going on!! hence the reason I zoomed in on one thread about C6/C7 and ACDF - at least having it all in one place meant that anybody looking for ACDF was able to actually start reading the forum knowing it wasn't going to go in some different direction or something.

But still, we have started another thread that is even better, and allows us to be free with our speech and our heartfelt needs....and it is working beautifully!!!

Stay healthy young lady.....and I have said it before...your kung fu is strong!

Rich xoxoxo
    C6/7 ACDF 18th April 2015 after 8 years of mucking around pretending it was something else...