Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Balance and Foot Drop

tallyhohottallyhoho Posts: 2
edited 09/19/2015 - 11:04 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All,
Has anyone experience after laminectomy surgery of the on L4 and L5 to have a balance and foot drop issues? I had a MRI of the lower lumbar and revealed serious stenosis of the L4 and L5 and the surgery went well because I have no pain. However after surgery I'm having a serious balance problem and foot drop in my left leg. I had a second MRI of the lower lumbar section and L3 has compromised some nerves in the area. My neurosurgeon thinks that if I have miminal invasive surgery on L3 It will improve my balance and foot drop problem. Is there anyone that had imbalance or foot drop after lumbar surgery?

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
~ spine-health moderator, savage
advertisement

Comments

• There is a post about a man who had Lumbar surgery. If u read all the posts there is one from a woman who got foot drop due to reherniation and fragments being left. She had to go back for surgery again. This fragment stuff seems to be a complication of spinal surgeries.