Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is Depression a...

Is depression a place
Is it someplaceyou reach after a journey of somekind

Is depression a time
Is it reached after a certain elapse of the days

Is depression a tangible
Is it able to be held,embraced or bought and sold at market.

Is depression a force
Is it something irresistable..inevitable...inexhorable

Is depression a inescapable fate
Is it the impact at the end of the fall.

Is depression an idea
Is it ro be embraced..to be rejected

Is depression...
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 483
    A choice?
    Usually not...
    But, we do have a voice.

Is depression curable?
    There are so many variables.

Is depression a state?
    If we don't address
    What will be our fate?

Is depression.....
  • A place
    After a time
    I feel the dark,silken tendrils caressing me...softly,seductivevly and secretly ..after a bout with the chronic aspect..that is, dealing not with an active flare up..but a part of the grind..i dont sleep,already..
    And then with the exhaustion...sadness

My optimism begins the painfull fade
    I..am,at,war with myself then.

To know sadness
    Is to have known joy

We all have a common thread
    What we weave of that thread,creates a fabric we can see easily in others of our kind.
    How we weave...is our perception of depression.
    Reflection of our own internal dialog.

How do you see..and,
    Let us see through your eyes
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• gfishggfish Pittsburgh PAPosts: 158
    Is a place, a state, and a time you just dont care anymore.
    Greg fisher
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    edited 11/17/2015 - 3:50 PM
    It is for everyone, regardless of their other medical situations.

But for chronic pain patients and those that are just beginning to feel the impact of ongoing pain, depression can be
    a cruel enemy.

I know that it is very difficult to eliminate that depression, especially when you first start feeling all those impacts due to
    spinal problems and/or spinal surgeries. I do not have a quick and easy pill to make that stop.

But I do know that when you are depressed, you can start on a downward spiral that is so fast you may not even realize it and have
    more problems.

Acceptance of your current condition is so very important. But always remember, acceptance does not equate to giving up or letting things continue. No matter what your medical condition is, there are so many ways to co-exist with that and still enjoy a full , happy and enjoyable life.
    So many people have been through this spinal journal.

There are those that allow the downward spiral to continue, and then there are those
    That find ways to combat that and move on with a positive attitude.

And a positive attitude and good outlook on life, can be more successful in treating any spinal pain then medications can do.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    ...depression was a place..a dark place.
    It's a lonely place, and when it hits you that life is not aloneness, you call out for help and grab the rope!

I'm so grateful for all the professionals at the other end of that rope!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History