Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Now what

I come here to vent and read. Its so easy to tell a person what to do, and keep your head up. No I am not the only person with back surgery or every had it done. Mine was a T4-T10 fusion. 9 months of pure hell so far. Pills, pain patches and PT. Im usually around a 7 at the pain level all day. You learn to live with it and put up with it. Cant work. I do heavy constrution. Its not a desk job. Glad I get workmans comp or I would really be screwed. So sick of people saying, arnt you back to work yet? Im sure there is something you can do? What do you do all day? What are your plans? It stills hurts? Bob/Sue had it done and they are fine? It cant hurt that bad this long, What seems to be your problem or what is the problem. My wife and kids are at me to. I could screem! She is scared for our future, Dont look good. My back got crushed, lucky to be walking. The doctor said, it cant be fixed, only stabilized. So im like a tree that got bent over from the wind, And have some ropes tied to it and pegs in the ground to keep it so it dont fall over. Im not looking for sympathy by anyone. Im 50 years old. This is not where i wanted to be. How can you take someone that was a boater, jetskied, paddlebarder,outdoorsman and did everything and anything. To a spectator. For fun.. I talked to people about work, different type of job. Im a liability. Or They say, I dont you could be able to do this...your back that is, or not qualified, Yea, Construction background is not getting me in. And dont see me starting over this late in the game. And no! there will be no more operations for me on my back. This was enough.
Greg fisher

• I get yah
    Told by W/C
    So they took "it" away
    20 years of self support
    Highly trained Highly Paid for dangerous work,

Started over..lots of times
    Still,starting over.
    And ime,not gonna give the B@$+@€&$ any sarisfaction at having killed,my future.

Dont let them kill your spirit
    There comes a time for you..only
    All the noise is stopped,by you asserting yourself.

This is who I am
    Is what I
    Right now.

I wont always be "here"
    Those that can understand..will
    Those that wont.welll...

Keep figting
    Keep hitting back
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• i'm right there with you Greg. You know my situation as well from our previous talks. I'm fortunate enough to not have the chronic pain you're having from this but everything else is pretty similar. I've had a few people say "you're still not healed yet, wow" I don't know why i'm not fully fused yet either and its very frustrating and wearing on me. Especially since insurance is making things extremely difficult and doctors wont continue seeing me to help this get healed. Like you I was an active person with my construction job and motocross. If work needed to be done to my house or truck I did it. Now, like you, i've been told to be a spectator and sit at a desk/computer to make a living. Like you all i have is my construction background of physical labor that gets me nowhere when it comes to a sedentary job. I'm 37 years old and HAVE to start over some way some how. I just dont quite know how to do that yet especially since my back isn't fully fused after 1 year now. Tomorrow is the 1 year to the day mark of my accident. This definitely isnt where I wanted to be in my life either. That's the risk I took with the hobby I had I guess. Its just really depressing going from where I was and what I had to where I'm at now. I'm glad you're getting workmans comp to help you out. I just got my last short term disability payment this week. No more income at all for me now, only what I have saved in the bank to keep me afloat and my parents help. They made the sacrifice to sell their house and move in with me to help me keep mine. I hate having to put them through all this but eternally grateful for their help. I hope your pain situation gets better and more manageable Greg and your family becomes more understanding. The people around us arent in our situation so its hard for them to relate or understand it. All they can do is offer words of encouragement or support. I get frustrated hearing it at times but I know its all they can do, its all anyone can do really. Hang in there as best you can bud, its an incredibly tough battle and I struggle tremendously with it everday.
    September 2014 : T6 burst fracture, multilevel fusion from T4-T8