Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Physio.... Anyone else feel worse?

I posted a whole back because I was scared about my back pain and hadn't worked up the courage to go to the GP as was scared of finding something terrible....

Well, I plucked up the courage and went. She referred me to the Spinal Clinic and I got a cancellation appointment quickly so have been assessed. The long and short of it is that they don't know and have referred me for an MRI. Noone seems unduly concerned.

Sometimes the pain isn't constant but other times it's nagging and gnawing and burning nonstop. I had been paying for private physio and have now been referred for NHS physio while waiting for scan but it always makes the pain worse. After theyve pressed on my back and given me stretches, the pain is worse for a week or so...... Anyone else get this?

My pain is mostly central, right in the centre of my back, like a bruise deep in the bone but can radiate out up and down. It is worse when sitting or lying down and isn't too bad if I'm active. Every one who assesses me notices that I can't rotate sideways properly in either direction but doesn't comment on why. I occasionally get pins and needles in my little fingers and sides of my hands but this isn't all of the time. The pain isn't unbearable but it's wearing. Heat helps but regularly pain killers don't. I'm not a fan of narcotics so avoid taking anything stronger. I don't want to mask it.... I want to fix it.

My problem is that it makes me anxious. Everything I've read points to a tumour of some sort and I'm petrified that they're going to find that it's cancer or something..... My husband is despairing of me and keeps saying that the symptoms would be constant or there would be worse symptoms but I can't stop worrying :(

Had anyone else had similar back pain..... How wasit reolved?

• Since no one replied, I guess it's just me :(

I am finding it so depressing as it has gone on for so long. I know that no one here has the magic answer but I think I was hoping that someone would have had similar symptoms and a positive story about a treatment that worked.

Pretty much every site I've looked at ends up pointing towards some sort of cancer as apparently thoracic pain is fairly uncommon. It doesn't appear that way from this forum although lots of you seem to have had disc problems which I also heard was rare in thoracic spine.

I just want to know what I'm dealing with! I'm sure stews and anxiety are making the symptoms worse and are causing me to imagine a few symptoms too.

If anyone has any help advice or experience, I'd appreciate it.
  • During my physical therapy, I had to tell my therapist that one of the stretches she taught me was just not comfortable for me. It's possible that some of the movements you're doing are not helping. Also, just a simple increase in activity can lead to increased pain.

Thoracic issues are more common than we're led to believe. I wouldn't assume it's a tumor. I have my own thoracic issues that flare up. It worries me, but I believe it boils down to slightly painful Schmorl's nodes and tearing that is not quite visible on MRI. It's been years since I had a thoracic MRI, but I'll get one again, in time.
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    The only thing I could suggest is to wait & get your mri & see what it says & what plan your doctor has to help you. I know it's hard to wait for the tests & diagnosis.
    When you start googling your symptoms, you can get all kinds of stuff to pop up. It doesn't necessarily mean that is what's wrong with you.
    Talk to your therapist & make sure you let them know how you feel after therapy.
    Hang in there & I hope you get some answers soon.
  • Thanks all :)

Have MRI tomorrow so hoping to get to the bottom of it. Petrified that they'll find something awful but also scared they'll find no cause and I'm stuck with it!

Will keep you updated x