Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

methotrexate and fusion recovery?

Hi... I remember someone writing to me about methotrexate and how they thought it might have made their fusion not work.. I was wondering how long you waited after surgery to resume taking it?

My surgeon cleared me to begin taking it right away after surgery....but his assistant freaked out and said three months....

well I am in a lot of pain due to my psoriatic arthritis (and also still having a lot of surgery pain in the back of my neck)

i am 6 weeks out....and was going to start on methotrexate tomorrow......

is that too soon? will it hamper my fusion recovery? i'm not sure what to do.......

i don't want a failed fusion... i don't want to be in arthritis pain......

anybody with experience in this matter? not just the person who posted to me before? who had RA?

also can you get things like radio frequency ablation (rhizotomy) of the lumbar spine and or knee gel shots while on methotrexate? or are those considered surgeries and you
must discontinue the methotrexate? i need knee shots pretty badly right now....

i am also thinking about a minimally invasive back surgery in early December after a trip to see my (as yet unborn) grandbaby and my husband's mom.......

since methotrexate takes so long to work...i don't know if it is something i should even bother with until i get all these other things resolved but i don't want further joint damage and i'm tired of being in pain.....