Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Propranolol for anxiety.

CharliecharlesCharliecharles UKPosts: 29
edited 09/20/2015 - 1:35 PM in Matters of the Heart
I'm a 22 year old female from the UK. I have a fairly high demanding job working as a pharmacy dispenser.
Since I was 15 I have suffered with knee, hip and back pain caused by a skiing accident. Over the years this has affected my confidence I know, I'm always worried of being in pain. Or being out and being stuck without pain relief.
I'd say I'm a pessimist. I always manage to see the bad in things and I'm constantly asking myself 'what if?'
Over the past 5 or 6 months my sleeping patterns have been up and down. I find it hard to sleep and my mind never shuts off. My doctor recently put me on propranlol 20mg in the morning to calm me down a little.
I find myself getting extremely worked up before I have to leave the house to go to work. There's been a few times where I've literally been in tears because I'm worrying about what's going to happen during the day.
My pain affects my sleep, my mind working overtime affects my sleep and my sleep affects my concentration.
I need to be aware and concentrate within my job and sometimes I feel like I'm not capable of doing this. Which just knocks my confidence even further. This is a vicious cycle.
Anyone been on propranolol before? Or suffered with anxiety? What has helped you?
Any help is help.
Thank you!