Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I had an MRI done 2 months ago due to neck pain that radiates down into my left trap. I have NEVER experienced tingling or numbness in the hands or arms. What I have sometimes is an extreme tightness, difficulty in turning my head due to stiffness, an achy feel along with sharp stabbing pains in my left trap

The pain is unbearable, and constant....

The neurosurgeon I consulted told me this, "I've got great news, no surgery needed!" When i asked why, he told me my herniation in the C4-C5, along with spinal stenosis, would not help alleviate my symptoms because the herniation was on the right side, and my pain was on my left!

So he referred me to a pain clinic, and the Dr. there said I should have facet joint injections, a nerve block, to help ease the pain.

So last Friday I went and got the shots. He said I would only get 24 hour relief. If it worked, then they would do it again and make it more long lasting. Well, it didn't work. He said I should reschedule and they would give me more shots in a different location!

When i asked why I'm receiving pain on the left, when my herniation is on the right, he told me that MRI's are sometimes never correct!

Any thoughts???

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    Question that only trained medically qualified personal can answer.

I've read different attempts on answering that here and honestly known of them are solid

Your doctor needs to answer this one
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    If I were you, I'd get another opinion or 2? It's always good to get several different doctor opinions.
    I also had my first facet joint injection & it didn't do anything. I go back to my pain doctor next month. He's already told me he wants to do two of them & then give me the nerve block.
    I am still trying to decide if I want to go that route? I haven't heard too many good outcomes? Have you?