Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Confused on what my MRI results mean

Virginia35VVirginia35 Posts: 2
edited 09/22/2015 - 9:24 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi I am new to this so I am sorry if I am not in the right forum. I have been having neck pain, shoulder pain, ( both on right side)head aches (more like head pains on top part of right side of head) and numbness in both hands with shock like pain in right fingers. Some times even my elbows are numb. I ache all the time and am extremely stiff in the morning. Most of the time it takes 1-2 hours to get up and get moving. I am taking an anti-inflammatory pill and tramadal for pain. I had an MRI on May 13, 2015. The results read:
Procedure: MRI of cervical spine without contrast.

History: Neck pain. Vertigo.

No comparison study.

There are minimal disc desiccation and bulge C2-C3 without compression of the cord or notable forminal compromise. Borderline mild posterior disc bulge C3-C4. Normal C4-C5 disc.

Moderate C5-C6 disc degeneration with bulge narrowing the foramina mildly, greater on right side with slight mass effect on the cord by disc. Normal C6-C7, C7-T1, T1-T2 discs.

The cervical cord and craniocervical junction are normal. There is no intradural extra medullary abnormality.

The vertebrae are intact with borderline straightening of lordosis secondary to spondylosis. No paraspinal soft tissue abnormality.

Impression: Mild degenerative disc bulge with minimal cord compression C5-C6.

Please any info on what this might actually mean would be greatly appreciated. All the doctors I have seen have said that I have a bulging disc and degenerative disc disease, but not much more than that. I do have an appt with a neurosurgeon in October.

No one on the Spine-Health patient forums is medically qualified to provide any advice or recommendations on any diagnostic test. However, the following key words can always be applied

• MILD Treated with conservative measures such as Physical Therapy and mild medications. Many times these situations can be cleared up and the condition can be resolved.
    MODERATE Some more treatments may be needed, ie Spinal Injections, Ultra sound and stronger medications. Always a possibility of more aggressive treatment if the conservative measures don't help
    SEVERE Need for stronger medications. The requirement for surgery may be necessary

Liz Spine-health moderator
advertisement

Comments