Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Worried - Breathing difficulty/Nausea

Hi all,
I have had a sudden set of symptoms that are worrying me and thought perhaps others here might have had similar and can shed light on what they found to be happening for them.

The worrying symptoms I had out of the blue in the morning was a sudden sensation of not getting air in. There was no pain associated, it wasn't the type of pain where you can't expand your rib cage and breathe which I have had happen recently. This was simply realising air wasn't going in, I can't describe it any other way. I tried to take a breath but nothing happened and I could feel myself start to panic but I knew if I did that things would only get worse.

Concurrently I felt a wave of nausea sweep over me totally and I needed to get off my feet as I felt weak. I dragged a bin over to the toilet as I felt I was about to start vomiting and the sense that my bowels were going to empty. My breathing had settled and once I reached the toilet I started vomiting and emptying bowels (sorry for the detail but it could be what others experienced). The vomiting stopped quickly and then I realised the left side of my palm was numb and my ring finger and little finger had pins and needles.

The pins and needles slowly subsided and the nausea stopped. I gathered my senses and went about the rest of my day wondering what happened and how it was so out of the blue.

I was just turning the water off at the end of a shower that this suddenly occurred. I do have osteoarthritis in my cervical spine, a significant bulged disc at C5/6 with C6 trapped and chronic pain in the form of burning down the neck especially at the base and between the shoulder blades. The muscles in my neck, shoulders and shoulder blades and thoracic area are constantly in knots. A lot of disc space narrowing and significant narrowing of the neural foramina on the right at certain level. I have had a lot numbness in the two left fingers which doctor says indicates C7 nerve involvement.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these types of symptoms and have had it relate to their cervical spine issues? In particular, the nausea confuses me but the not feeling like I was breathing worries me the most.

Thanks for any of your own experiences you can share.