Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Kinda Scary

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
I'll admit the thought of getting my neck sliced open and hardware put in is kind of scary. I'll get most scared when I'm on the gurney and they are getting me ready for impending doom, lol.

I'm 56 years old and you'd think I wouldn't be scared like this. Still, I went out in the woods today and sent up smoke and prayers with my personal prayer pipe and had a good cry.

The emotional states we go thru are like a roller coaster, aren't they with this kind of surgery?

Anyway, you guys are great! If you have a few moments send up prayers for me.

I see the surgeon this coming Monday afternoon. My DO says I have major neck surgery coming up c3 thru c7 involved, and hardware.

Ken GreyEagle
Western Band Cherokee

• Good luck with your surgury,i will say a prayer for you...
  • Hang in there Gray Eagle, your gonna be fine,your gonna be on my prayer list,i hope the best for ya!
    I miss going into the open country and having solitude and time to think, your a lucky person to be able to go out and find some peace! luck to ya
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• is scary! I've never had surgery, and just thinking of it is scary! People here on this site seem so brave about all the surgery stuff. So, it's ok to be scared. And, be sure to get a second opinion if you can before surgery.--Mazy
  • Grey Eagle, It's ok to feel the way you feel. It's natural and we've all gone through the same feelings. Just concentrate on the positive side of it that the surgery will make you feel better than you're right now and hopefully close to where you were before you started these problems..
    Take it one day at a time and for sure count me on praying for you..

Best of luck to you and please let's know how your dr's visit go.

Lotus :)
  • Hi Gray Eagle,

I hope things went ok for you. Let us know how you are when you can. Hugs, Spicey
  • Its crazy, you can feel so certain of your decision at one moment, confident it will all work out, then terrified the next. Up and down... kinda glad I'm not the only one... :)
  • Ken , just checking in with you to see how you are doing my friend. It is completely normal to be nervous , I think most of us are , no matter our age or what surgery we are having... :) Many prayers coming your way....take care....Miki
  • Ken, I know how you feel, I'm having my fusion L5/S1 on Thursday in Oklahoma and I'm growing more terrified as each day passes.

I have a number of Native American friends who have calmed me in the past few weeks. Your culture is blessed with this unbelievable sense of peace the rest of us seem to lack. It is contagious.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, may peace guide you.

• Checking in to see how you made out.

Just before by first date I had a total "breakdown"- it's very scary. I think I had to let it all out. The it was rescheduled and I was better. It's ok to be scared, It's a big procedure. I will say a prayer for you.

Mel :)
  • I just want to thank you all for your encouraging words! Sometime in the next week I'll have cat scans and the surgeon will then take the next steps.

Mohegan lands are beautiful. The hawks you saw, Eve, are a blessing from Creator. Eagle and Hawk brothers bring our prayers in the smoke of the sacred tobacco to Creator.

I often see the Eagles fly over our yard as we are in the foothills and their nests are nearby.

Thanks again! I will keep everyone up to date.

Ken GreyEagle