Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Benign Fasciculation

Ever since i hurt my back and getting pins and needles mainly in my right leg,
I have also been getting muscle twinges below my right knee,
I get them through the day, but its mainly at night,
I call it fluttering muscles,

I have not mentioned it to my doctor yet
But a very helpful man told me about Benign Fasciculation

I'm just seeing how many other people on here get twinges
Not just in there leg but and where on there body?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    you with Benign Fasciculation? You said you didnt mention it, then how do you think you have it? Tell your doctor about this.

Dont just listen to what someone says it could be. I have read many of your comments, try not to let your mind get worked up about what it could be.
    You need a formal diagnosis from a doctor. Once that happens, then you know what your options will be.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • The info i read on Benign Fasciculation matches exactly what i am experiencing,
    I did put this in the notes that i took to the doctors yesterday, but the doctor didn't read my notes,
    I am going to my physio today so i am going mention it to her see what she says
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,805
    edited 09/24/2015 - 5:37 AM
    I don't beleive in coincidences for the most part, if they originated immediatly after a back injury then it would be odd if it wasn't connected to something involving the spine. One of the first indications early on of MY spinal cord injury were fasiculations all up and down my body (with visible rolling waves down back), that led me to a neurologist. But that being said anxiety can cause them and other things. I would do like suggested and speak to doctor about them, but I would not just write them off as benign until the cause can be accounted for.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.