Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chronic headaches and body pain

ally1984aally1984 Posts: 4
edited 09/28/2015 - 9:30 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi im new to this forum thank you to anyone that leaves a reply , ill try keep my story as short as I can . My names Allison and im 31 years old when I was 19 I suffered a c7 t1 fracture which I was told that will heal on its own which it has since this ive been getting headaches near daily lucky to go 5 days without a headache when I first started getting these headache I never got neck pain or anything else in the last 4 years ive been getting daily neck pain when moving my head my muscles in my neck and shoulders are chronic tightness I have sore upper arms and lower when moving them also my arms feel heavy to use I wake up a lot with pins and needles in my hands plus I have constant low energy were I fell like doing nothing all theres symptoms combined with daily headaches . My headaches are normally one sided but can be on both sides I don't get sick with the headaches I do go to see a chriopracter and physiotherapy when I see them they say my c2/3 is locked and have muscle pasms on the other un affected side of the neck sometimes the other joints are locked c1 c2 c4 ect when they unlock my joints I get relief for max 2 weeks but the headaches are never completely gone the pain just comes down from a 8 to a 2 . Ive had blood tests there normal ive had a mri on neck 4 years ago and only had a very mild disc protrusion at c3/4 which iam told of a neurosurgeon this will not cause these symptoms I also had a mra on the blood vessels on my brain and was normal othere then a small cluster of (cavnomas sorry cant spell it ) which am told will not cause my problem im at my wits end with feeling like this for so long I really don't no what to do im missing out on living cause im so tied all the time and theses headaches are bringing me down . Does anyone else get the same problems as me and found out what was wrong or causing it im desperate . sorry for such a long story .

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
~ spine-health moderate, savage

• I have been dealing with daily headaches as well since my neck pain started about 4.5 yrs ago. I was popping ibprofren, acetametaphen, and all those just to help with the headaches and pain for years. I was taking much higher than the indicated amount because it didn't help and I figured that I am a big girl, I need more. I finally got help last year for the neck pain and ended up having surgery for a herniated disc that was compressing my spinal cord in my neck. After surgery though, the headaches got much worse. I could barely leave the house for a month. It was horrible. I started taking gabapentin and cyclobenzaprine. I was sent to physical therapy and a neurologist. I got minimal relief from PT. It would work for a couple days and then I was back to square 1. The neurologist kept working with me and ordered a CT scan and found nothing. She prescribed additional medications for the headaches. They were migraine quality but not actual migraines. They are cervicogenic headaches which is when the pain or nerve issues in your neck causes the pain in your head. Its usually the sub-occipital nerves that are flared up.
    To me it sounds like maybe you need to see a different doctor. Maybe a second opinion? They seem to tell you everything that its not but they are not giving you answers to what IS causing the pain. It isn't a good life living in pain with no answers. I know I still have been searching for answers myself. I am finally getting some and even if they are not the answers I was looking for, its better than nothing. I have been going through a lot of the same pains as you and my issues were not nothing. PLease get another opinion. Maybe someone else can help.
    Tracie C
  • also be careful with a chiropractor. They do wonderful work but when it comes to the neck, one small mistake can do major damage or make existing problems worse.