Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI in English??

mojo999mmojo999 Posts: 2
edited 09/28/2015 - 5:02 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi All,

I have been suffering with a painful calf every morning when I wake as well as leg fatigue in both legs and hip pain! I wondered if there is any treatment advice out there as my GP surgery has suggested or offered nothing.
I have an idiopathic scoliosis so am used to back pain but lately this has become increasingly worse with a lot of pain in my lumbar region especially if i do any physical activity such as Gardening or Ironing!
My MRI report is as follows!

Sagitttal T2, axial T1 and axial T2 Scoliosis with convexity on the left. There is an element of torsion also.
No gross bone marrow signal abnormality. Apparent distal thoracic cord signal change is artefact caused by partial volume.
Incidental small begin spinal haemangioma. It can be seen in body L1.
At L5-S1 there is a concentric disk bulge that seems in contact with left exiting root at level of foramen, not severely compressing it. There is no compression or central thecal or either traversing never root.
Thickening of facet joint and ligament.
L4-5: there is a broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion, causing abutment of the central theca and narrowing of left recess. No acute nerve root compression. Formina are mostly patent. Minor thickening of the facet joints and ligament.

L3-4 Theere is a partial disc of volume loss. There is a broad, left central lateral and far lateral disc protrusion. Dspite minor forminal encroachment on that side, there is no evidence of root compression. Thickening of facet joints and ligaments is worse on right.

L2-3 There is also disc volume loss worse on the right. Again there is a broad far lateral disc protrusion on the left. No nerve root compression. Thickening of facet joints and ligaments is worse on the right.
Central thecal sac remains capacious, there is no crowding of the intrathecal roots.

Subacute, broad left paracentral disc protrusion L4-5 likely to cause occasional root impingement on that side.
No current nerve compression
Non symmetric disc volume loss L3-4 on a degenerative basis, with incidental far lateral disc protrusion on the left and posterior arthropathy. Similar changes reported at L2-3

Thanks All

No on one the Spine-Health patient forums is medically qualified to provide any advice or
or recommendations on any diagnostic test. However, the following key words can apply

• MILD Treated with conservative measures such as Physical Therapy and mild medications. Many times these situations can be cleared up and the condition can be resolved.
    MODERATE Some more treatments may be needed, ie Spinal Injections, Ultra sound and stronger medications. Always a possibility of more aggressive treatment if the conservative measures don't help
    SEVERE Need for stronger medications. The requirement for surgery may be necessary
    You need to get the answer to your question from your doctor(s)
-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator