Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Eard1421EEard1421 Posts: 1
edited 09/29/2015 - 10:55 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi! I am 51 years old and have had 2 hips replaced. Now I am scheduled for lumbar fusion on l4-5 and l5-6 due to bone on bone discs and pain and numbness in back and legs. It will be minimally invasive. Right now I only take advil and they took me off it until surgery in 2 weeks. Pain is getting pretty rough especially coz ir is raining out. Thank God I started my disability. I tried to go to grocery store but was miserable. Did it tho. I am concerned that many have said how painful the surgery is. Would it be worse then hip replacement. While it was no walk in the park I managed it. The talk of excruciating pain is scaring me to death. I thought since I have had my hips replaced this would be similar. Feeling very unsure.

I have had both shoulders and hips totally replaced with implants. In the scope of everything, the hip replacement was like a walk in the park. An easy recovery and the physical therapy was mild. About 6 weeks after each of those hip replacements, I was back working and doing what I did before. In comparison, it took over 24 months of painful recovery and therapy for my shoulders. Lumbar fusion, depending where and how it is done is going to be more intense than your hip replacement. But lumbar fusion is such a common surgery today. Just pay attention to your do's and dont's

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 09/29/15 16:49

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
~ spine-health moderator, savage