Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone heard of doing Tlif on L3L4 on only one side normaly there is two small incisions. I was told that I will have one incision on left side and maybe for some reason he may do both sides and two screws and one rod { one side} and why will I need a brace? he said i will need one

Had L4L5 and L5s1 fused in 1999
10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4
360 OLIF revision on 7/6/16 for L3L4

• There are other message boards that show when someone viewed your message . I dont see that here I posted here twice and this time no reply at all if i can see that people are at lease looking at it that be good. This site has alot of good info! but the message board is another thing
    Had L4L5 and L5s1 fused in 1999
    10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4
    360 OLIF revision on 7/6/16 for L3L4
  • It is frustrating when you need help or support on the boards and no one replies. It makes us feel like we are the cling on girl stalking for a call from the coolest guy, (lol, sorry I'm a metaphor person.)

I've found that some of my posts get overwhelming response, and others nada. It depends on who is online and if they have a similar journey often enough. Most importantly, I've read your question a couple times and think no one replying on it because it really is a question for your doctor. It may be because no one has had that either. I have a situation of artery wrapped on old hardware and it is an incredibly dangerous situation for upcoming procedure. No one else has chimed in on my thread saying they have had that..so I figure I need to rely on my doctor and share what I learn on the forum so I might help someone else down the road.

Hang in there, somebody will respond that can help, the boards are very supportive and I appreciate you being here.
  • I think part of the issue here with your post is that you are asking questions that your surgeon should be answering, not some anonymous people on a message board. I can tell you 50 reasons you might need a brace, but I might not be correct. I do think that no one is responding because these are really questions that only your surgeon can answer accurately.
    Now if you ask a question about recovery from this surgery or something like that, you will probably get a better response.