Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Medical Advice from Members

SHModeratorSHModerator Posts: 44
edited 01/07/2015 - 3:08 AM in New Member Introductions
This is something that we posted on the Old Spine-Health site and we need to re-post this.
It is SO IMPORTANT that this information is understood by all.
Important Message to All

As the Spine-Health site continues to grow, it is important that we emphasis one of the Forum rules:

You agree that any information, opinions or other content provided by doctors or patients on Spine-health.com forums is for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical diagnoses or treatment. Always consult with a physician for any health problem or medical condition.

As newer folks read replies from other members, it is important to keep that rule in mind. Any information that you get from other people here is Informal Advice , Personal opinions, and information from personal experiences and it is Not formal medical diagnoses or advise.

You should always consult with your physician regarding any health or medical problem. Having input from the members here can be very valuable. In some situations, it may be about the only source of information people can get.

But remember, replies from members here is not a substitute for information you will receive from a qualified physician.

Ron DiLauro,  Spine-Health
advertisement

Comments

• I was wondering when it's coming back.I just hope that people will take the time to read it.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,060
    It is very important that every member understands that when you make posts, these posts should only be saying what is:
    Personal Opinions, Part of their own experience, etc.and never Professional Medical Assistance

I have been reading many post recently where members are making posts as if they were facts While what is being said could be very true, unless you are a fully qualified physician and state so, you can not make factual statements regarding medical help.

We need to ensure that all of our members are fully protected and are aware that comments and posts by members on this site are offering their personal advise and NOT Formal medical assistance
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I'm glad this has moved forward to this board. I hope I have not been guilty of this. PM if so

• Likewise, really new here and don't want to break any rules.
  • I'm not exactly computer savoy; but how about a faded line at the bottom of each signature. One that reads Just My Opinion and Expierence; NOT MEDICAL ADVISE. Or whatever other line that would capture folks attention. Including a small section when we join that we have to go through it a second time. Just some thoughts. I know we all like to give our bit here and there and the last thing I want is to give diagnosis.
    Thanks
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,060
    Dan, thanks for your input. I do like that idea. The only thing that would require some software changes that would allow us to edit and add a one line 'warning' to that effect.
    At this point, and the way the database is structured, it would have to be a member by member update.
    I would love to see a message to what we are trying to state be visible for every member on every post.
    You have definitely given me something to work on and figure out

Thank you for bringing this up to us, much appreciated
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Dan,

I think that's an excellent idea. Ron, if the power's that be come up with a specific statement for members that wish to place one in their signature line, it would help keep uniformity and reduce or eliminate confusion.

"C"
  • I have to admit, I didn't like seeing "Expert" beside my name on the old forum, Ron; it's too deceiving to newcomers when they see something like that!

I like the idea of the "disclaimer".

Tracy
  • I WAS TOLD THAT MIGHT HELP ME. WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE LIKE?
  • OH I PRESSED SEND BEFORE ADDING SOMETHING.I WAS ONE OF THE NEWCOMERS THAT WONDERED WHAT "EXPERT" AND SOME OF THE OTHER TERMS MEANT.
  • I like many others am new to the Forum and find the various posts helpful,informative and supportive. I too have shared my pro lems, my treatments, etc. I certainly hope I have not provided anyone with advice or theories of their problems. I like this forum a lot and wouldn't want to lose it due to a loose tongue.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,904
    We edit such posts and send the member a pm pointing out where they have given advice so you would know if you had.

Thank you for your co-operation

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Frustrated101 said:
    Likewise, really new here and don't want to break any rules.
    Same here sometimes I get caught up in what works for me i have been told by docs the things I can't do just to turn around and prove them wrong but your right what works for me may make somebody worse.
advertisement