Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

EMG- Results showing even more problems- Good Grief!

I had an EMG/ Nerve conduction test earlier this week and boy, I am glad that is done. It wasn't pleasant and I have some bruising on my hand from the needle. There was some abnormal results. There is some nerve impingement in the shoulders and elbows of both arms. It is consistent though since I have permanent nerve damage in my neck. The nerve issues in my elbows though is bad enough to need surgery in both. The doctor feels that it may be part of the source of the pain in my arms and not as much coming from my neck as I originally thought. I also have minor carpal tunnel in my hands but I knew that and I am not that concerned about it. I don't want to have surgery right now on my elbows. We are trying to hold off and try physical therapy first. All the pain in my arms have affected my job for quite a while already but I have been able to modify things when I can.
Tracie C

• What would the surgery consist of, on your elbows?
    Kirsti x
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 554
    I am in same predictament. I've had 2 neck surgeries. And just recently, rotator cuff surgery. Right after my shoulder surgery, I was complaining how bad my elbow was hurting. I had to keep my arm bent in a sling for 2 months. I finally went back to ortho doctor last month & he said my EMG came back saying I have ulnar nerve compression in my elbow.
    I have to wear a brace on my arm that prevents me from bending my arm. I just have to wear it at night.
    Doctor told me that if this doesn't work, I'll need surgery to repair it. He also said if it gets worse & I don't get it fixed, the damage can be permanent.
    I've already had 3 surgeries in a little over 2 years. I certainly don't want a fourth one!
    I am also in therapy for my shoulder & neck, so now my therapist adds some stuff to help my elbow.
    Good luck to you!