Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Searing pain in top of iliac crest 2 yrs post fusion

Hi, Does anyone have this problem? I've had two surgeries 2 years apart on my back. The first L3-S1 fusion with the usual screws, plates etc. Then I had another surgery when I took a fall and herniated another disc at L2. So, I had a second surgery in 2013 and the old hardware was removed and new hardware placed at L2-3 or 4 ? Now I am fused at 5 levels. My back is ok. It will never be great even on my best day but it's this horrible searing pain I get in at the top of where they may have taken the bone graft from? The buttock muscle at the top goes into spasm and forms a tight knot at the top. I've been to PT and even my therapist was amazed at how tight this knot was. I've weaned myself from all pain meds except for Naprosyn and Ibuprofen. I use Skelaxin once or twice a day as needed ... if needed. I just don;t know what this pain is. I saw my Ortho doc who did my surgery and he said it was nerve pain. I take Neurontin daily now. It helps with the pain in my back but still I cannot get relief from this searing pain . It feels like someone is drilling into my lower back above the area where they took the bone out for the surgery ( 2nd). They used the right hip on the first and left on the second. The pain sometimes goes into my groin and it feels like someone is drilling a hole in that area.
So, just hoping someone out there may have the same and how do you deal with it?