Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Shoulder pain after 2 Level ACDF

Hello Everyone,

I am recovering from a 2 level ACDF surgery on Sept.3rd, one month today. But the problem I have been having is my right shoulder. I awoke this morning in the most excruciating pain. I could not even lift my arm. My husband graciously hooked me up to the tens unit and then took meds and then iced. It is somewhat better but something definitely does not feel right. I had shoulder surgery a year prior to this one, I had torn rotator cuff, torn bicep tendon and some other issues that they cleaned up while they were in there. I'm hoping they have not screwed something up Has anyone else ever had shoulder issues after this surgery? I would appreciate any and all comments.

Thank you all in advanced and have a great Saturday!

• jamesgirllljjamesgirlll Posts: 115
    edited 10/04/2015 - 9:07 PM
    I had pain between my shoulder blades. Maybe it is aggravating your old shoulder injury? I would ask my doctor.
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    edited 10/05/2015 - 2:06 AM
    I was injured at work in 2013. I immediately complained of neck & shoulder pain. I've had 2 neck surgeries. After my second surgery, I kept saying my shoulder was killing me. I was put in therapy after surgery & all of the exercises were making my shoulder worse.
    My doctor brushed it off. Said it was probably caused from the position I was in during surgery? He just kept giving me injections in my shoulder.
    I finally went to a new ortho doctor & he sent me for an Arthrogram & we discovered I had a full rotator cuff tear. I had surgery 4 months ago for that.
    I would talk to the doctor who did your shoulder surgery. Let him know how much pain you've been in since your neck surgery.