Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Instability and Myelogram

Hello all,

Tom here..

46, healthy, whiplash accident December 2014
Normal MRI. Degeneration at C6/7
Failed all conservative treatments badly. All of them aggravated my neck, including epidural steroid injection on Sept 10th that sent me to the ER with unbearable pain. Neurosurgeon said it was because I have a clear structure issue and there was no room for the steroid, which has left me in brutal spasm now :(

Symptoms....When I look down, my pinkies and feet go numb. No one took me seriously for 8 months. Did an Upright MRI. Doc told me there is instability at C6 which is compressing the cord. Got 5 more opinions and 4 of them said the instability is BS and there's no problem on my MRI. They have showed me the MRI and it looks like all the bones line up. They simply cannot see the instability, but cannot explain why my feet go numb. Lumbar and T spine show no compression. But i can be flat on my back, on a thick pillow and with my head off the floor too much, my feet go numb.

Anyone else had this issue?
Now they want to do a myelogram which supposedly will show cord compression and instability when in flexion with dye in my spine. I'm terrified to do the test. I've heard to many horror stories.

Lost and confused,