Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I want you to have a Victory today.

Again...
I
Want youto have a Victory today.

Its in you
You can, and you will!

One step further
One inch higher
A..little further around

Because "I" want you to remember that there is a meaning in life
That
You still have a Voice
You..still have the Courage
That... There is still fire inside

"I" want you to remember
You
have worth
You
Have a price far above diamonds and rubys
You
Still Matter
You
Are still needed
You
Are,still wanted
You
Still have a place

Dont give yourself away cheaply
Make the Beast pay for ever setback

Raise your Head
There is no reason for you to hang it
The Beast
Would rather you meekly...
Give up
give....in.

So take your life back
Do something as extraordinary.as you are

Go further
Be stronger
Fight harder
Push longer
Rush that fire until you are through it

What did you do today?
What makes you more than ordinary?
What makes all us Spineys have hope?

Me?
I walked a mile,today

You?

Be Blessed Spiney!
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod
erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement

Comments

• Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 506
    I went and walked the halls at the school where I've been employed (custodian) for almost 17 years (had spondylolisthesis/L4-5 fusion March 2015)
    ...the bittersweet kind of thing...but still a victory all the same. Not just in the walking, but in the knowing I won't be able to go back to that level of physical work again.

The bitter part being, not physically being able to do something I enjoyed, at a place I enjoyed being, with people I enjoyed being around. But...even though I see the fusion as successful, to go back and try to continue working at such a physically demanding pace, for me is still something I'm not physically capable to do, nor do I view it as something my body will be capable of doing in my future.

The sweeter, victorious side, is in myself deciding it's okay to accept these limitations on how I will be able to work in the future. Even though I'd prefer to finish out my life as an energizer bunny kinda gal, well...life changes...and no matter how uncertain things may seem at times, I have faith that I will enjoy, and probably still grumble about it from time to time, but to really enjoy learning how to enjoy each new chapter of my life journey, wherever I go and do.