Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Its this time of the year

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 10/28/2015 - 8:23 PM in Alternative Treatments
Once more my flare ups are beginning to mount.
Seems like anytime we go through a change of seasons, I slowly get more and more flareups.

First in the legs, then the hips, then the lower back, on to the upper back, the shoulders, the collar bone, etc !!
Just lovely times!

This time, I am seeing a new physical therapist that is using techniques I havent had in a long time. About 20 years ago, I had a therapist who was in her 70's at the time.
She was so much different than others. It was this thing Myofascial release. Hard to believe those lite touches of the hand can make a difference.

So now, 2015 and I am getting the same treatment from this new therapist.. It does help... HOW and WHY I dont know. She has explained everything to me, but still.... Bottom line it does help.

I am really totally amazed about Myofascial. The whole story, how it connects to the rest of your body, how a therapist has to be specifically trained to work on that, how light touches can release so much tension. When this is all done, I will have to do some more research into Myofascial to better understand the principal and how everything is connected.

I need to be at my best soon. My daughter is getting married 10/17 and there is NOTHING that is going to slow me down, hamper me or stand in the way of probably the most perfect day.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I've noticed that my pain is getting worse too. Especially last week with all the thunderstorms. Of course eating a lot more junk food this time of the year doesn't help.

Good luck with the wedding. Hope your pain is manageable.
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 497
    I had a physical therapist years ago, back then was for my neck, and I learned a lot from that therapist too, especially how to relax and not let the tension build up in my neck.

I've tried regular massage, but it's too much deep muscle massage; doesn't seem to do me much good. It seems my body responds better to the gentler muscle manipulation. I should ask Dr if that is option for my lumbar fusion recovery.

Hope you have a great time at your daughter's wedding!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ...there is something to bring you relief!

Best wishes on the upcoming wedding! It's such a joy to have that to look forward to!...the joy in the anticipation!
    And then, of course, the joy of the actual day!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I dread the cold but used to love it when I skied, some great memories.
    That is really special for a Daddy to give away his little girl. I remember the tears when my Dad walked me down the isle.
    Congratulations Ron and wishes for the best for her.