Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No insurance but need a dr

dlforeverddlforever Posts: 1
edited 10/07/2015 - 3:15 PM in Lower Back Pain
My husband was in a car wreck back in late 2013 early 2014 and messed up his lower back. (This was before we were together). He was able to see a dr after the wreck but not since then and when he saw the dr they told him hed need a costly surgery to fix his vertebraes. He talks about every day how it feels like the bones are scrapping together. Some days he can barely get out of bed or go to work. It causes a bit of a strain on our marriage cause of the constant pain hes in. We have two small children that live with us and he wishes he was able to do more than just sit around in pain. Bills are tight and we already recieve assistance with food. We cant afford to get insurance through my job because it will take too much from my check to the point where I would barely even have a check afterwords. Im sorry if this is a bunch of rambling but I hate seeing the man I love hurting so much and I feel like im unable to help him. I just wanted to see if anyone could point us in the right direction on how to get him help. We live in Texas.

Personal Opinion, not medical advice :

We really can not help you out in terms of getting proper medical attention when you do not have any insurance. I would contact some of your local social government boards to see what they can provide in assistance. This is far beyond our scope.
--- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator : 10/07/15 21:13st