Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5-S1 Squatting

Hey guys

I did my L5-S1 about a year ago, an MRI said it was a minor disc buldge. I have been seeing an osteo and he has given me exercises to do and I have not been doing any squats, leg press, lunges or deadlifts at the gym

Its now been a year and the pain had actually gone and I had no more sharp sciatic nerve pain going down my leg. Still avoided the above exercises for a while

Now I think its time to get back into it so I introduced some squats and leg press back into my leg workout

And guess what. after my work-out my lower back becomes sore again! awesome hey.. I noticed today after my leg workout I got pins and needles in my toes
Also when I lean backwards I get like a dull sciatic pain going down my leg but only if I hold the lean backwards position. When I release it goes away

I really do not know what to do, They all said it was minor disc buldge and it should be ok in months,... Not years

This is so frustrating I just want to train in the gym like I used to and stop spending loads of cash on these therapist visits

I have seen a myotherapistm pyshio and osteo

Should I see a chiro?

the pain is better, but obviously its not recovered yet

• First off...Sorry y to hear of your injury. I have had back surgery Jan 27, 2015 on my L4 L5 and S1. My NS did a lamenectomy from three herniations and also open up my spine area by removing bone to elevate spinal stinoises. I have gotten some relief from surgery but still experience horrific lower back pain. I am 54 and due to injury and herniation of the two lower disc they are now too thin to support my lower lumbar. Since surgery I have noticed a gradual incline in my ability to squat. My case manager and primary physician say this is due to me protect or Harding my back since my injury and recovery from surgery. I do have more tingling and burning in my left leg and foot with weakness in leg and foot also. The pain in my left leg has lessened with Ellivill and I still am taking Norco to help manage my pain especially at bedtime. The rest of the day I suffer through it due to my small children. I had hoped for better results but did not get them. My NS now tells me I either need a disc replacement or a fusion to help my back and HIGHLY ADVISED ME AGAINST IT. Not sure why but asked what was I to do...end up in a wheelchair? He just made a hmmmm face and shook his head like...I HEAR YOU. Workmans comp does not want to pay or approve of my surgery. From what I hear it takes a full year to recover so since yours was done in 2012 I can only hope it is better and you can offer some sort of input to current back pain injuries.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History