Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help? Just help.

SunGunnSSunGunn Posts: 3
edited 10/10/2015 - 11:34 AM in Chronic Pain

I'm new here and would really appreciate any advice that is given.

About a month and a half ago I started getting pain just an inch or so below my right shoulder. Since then I've been having an aching type of pain along my entire spine up into the base of my head. I do not get head aches and my neck doesn't hurt all, at the most it's just muscle tightness. The real pain flares up at random points in time (I've noticed alcohol DEFINITELY irritates it and it's worse at night or when I'm trying to sleep), it radiates from just an inch or two below my shoulder blades to the top of them straight across and occasionally radiates into my ribs. If i reach my arms above my head or twist my body too much i basically knock the wind out of myself, my head gets super pressure in it (not painful though) and sometimes i see stars or my vision disipates and then reappears and my body just sort of stops holding itself up (my legs basically turn to jello). The pain is also in both of my hips and right at the base of my spine in line with my hips.

I have SI joint pain in my right hip and it's rotated slightly forwards which has been diagnosed and on going for 2-3 years and is the reason I started going to PT. Lately though the pain is also in my left hip too. My hips and lower back feels like they just lock up and I almost am paralyzed by the pain it causes. Massages don't help because my entire back is tender and the one time I let someone do it, right where they had felt like a huge bruise for 2 days. I can't relieve the one part of my back without hurting the other.

I've been coughing alot and I don't smoke. I'm not congested either or allergic to anything. I get sporadic chills and hot flashes, Im a clumsy person as it is but I really have lost a lot of coordination. All I want to do is sleep because I'm just so tired. I stopped drinking because all it does is intensify the pain through my shoulders. I get random speckled rashes that itch but go away within 2 to 3 days then come back in a week or two and my periods have been ALL over the map, the pain I'd always worst during it. My posture is good and always has been, I'm only 22. I eat healthy and exercise moderately and I don't know what else I can do to help this anymore.

I had an xray of my neck done at the ER due to the pain I've been in (still have zero neck pain, no headaches or arm pain) and it shows that the bones in my neck is too straight and all the muscles in my back are spasming (I've been tol d this about my SI joint as well) so they gave me muscle relaxants and now I'm waiting to meet with my orthopedic Dr and was wondering what questions I should ask etc???

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    If you use the search on this site, upper right on page, and type in about...preparing for consultation with Doctor...you will be led to useful information.
    It may benefit you with questions you would like to be prepared to ask.

You mentioned you had X-ray, but I don't notice other testing.
    I had MRI and pain management Doctor did other testing on me.
    The EMG was most revealing for me and my doctor, re spinal issues not previously noted.

Please keep us posted!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History