Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Continued and ongoing neck pain

This is yet another post, pleading for any resolution to ongoing neck pain due to ACD&F neck surgeries. Other than going cold turkey off my narcotic meds (Hydromorph Contin - Dilaudid I understand) 2 months ago, I have not noticed any decreased pain in my neck. Even, along with the narcotic pain killers and antiinflammatories etc., I cannot get rid of this chronic pain. Although I am a senior, soon to be 70, I have always been active and have done 6 marathons (before my 3 neck surgeries from 08 to 12). Now, I spend most of my time in bed where I get the only relief from my neck pain. To add to my physical pain, I have 2 daughters that have become recently married and are starting their own families. I have tried to conceal my chronic pain as I do not want any pity. What, if anything, can anyone suggest to appease my physical and mental pain? [you can try to reach me at lansur at shaw dot ca] I have tried nearly all solutions that have been recommended, including pain killers, TENS, antiinflammatories including pills and diclofenac which do little to appease my pain. They only reduce my savings! "They" have tried nerve root blocks et al., all to no avail. I even tried Reiki (a voodoo type alternative, if you ask me.)
I would appeal to all that have had chronic and ongoing neck pain: please, is there anything that you have found to be successful in abating or eliminating this pain?
Thank you in advance. lansur in B.C., Canada.

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    edited 10/13/2015 - 3:37 AM
    I am sorry you are in so much pain. There is a post on this site called The Blend. It talks about different things to try and reduce pain.
    Are you still under a doctors care? Does he know of how much pain you are in?
    Have you seen a pain management doctor? If you haven't, I would suggest to find one and see if they could help you.
    I hope you get some relief soon.