Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stressing about possible diagnosis

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
Have to wait till August 7 to find out if i have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Have been reading up about it and what it does to a persons life is crazy. Plus having my arms get worse i the mean time does not help. Plus having my checking account taken by the state right before i take my daughter in to have her tonsils and adnoids taken out do to sleep apnea and ear infections. Everything bad has been happening since last Jan 07. Just glad i can hold my babys to calm down and destress.

• Hello Alaskabackpain... So sorry to hear you're feeling down. I know it is hard to do, but just try to keep your focus on those kids.

My kids keep me going form day to day. Just remeber...God never puts more on you than you can handle. Hard to believe at times...but it is true. God Bless and feel better soon!!
  • Hi Alaska,

It sounds like you have so much going on at once it's not surprising that you are stressed out. I know this is easier said than done, but try not to panic about your diagnosis until you know for certain that you have it. Reading about diagnoses and prognoses on the net can be a useful and informative thing to do, but it can also overload you with information and cause you to panic. Please try to wait and see what your doctor says and if it turns out to be a positive diagnosis, take his advice about what he thinks your future may hold. I've heard of cases where people develop symptoms they have read about, and it turns out they never had that disease in the first place. The mind is a very powerful tool, so for now focus on your children and taking care of yourself as best you can until your appointment.

Sending you some positive vibes and much needed hugs, Spicey