Will try to keep it short and sweet.
- I'm now 35/Male, pretty healthy.
- Got injury in August 2010 on L5/S1 with a sciatica on the left side
- Went through all the usual suffering, frights of sneezing, etc since then
- Went through Massage, Physio, Chiro, Accupuncture, name it, I've done it
- Been on and off with some times with virtually no pain but low back discomfort, etc
- May 2014, bad relapse with bad sciatica I've been carrying since then
- Finally ended up going for MRI in December 2014 - Obviously, no surprise (I already did a CT Scan when it happened in 2010) and it's a disc bulge with protusion on the left side.
- Met with Neuro-surgeon in Feb 2015 and scheduled for surgery around Dec-Jan this year
- Saw a GP who freaked me out about doing a discectomy on the basis of "Discectomy will essentially brings a re-herniated disc down the line"
- Got referred for Steroid injection in the meantime and scheduled to go through it in a few weeks.
1/ What's your experience with discectomy? Would you recommend it or not? and why or why not?
2/ What's your experience with Steroid Injection? Does that work? Is it worth it?
Please remember that no one at Spine-Health is a formally trained medical professional.
Everything that is posted here is based on personal experiences and perhaps additional research.
As such, no member is permitted to provide
- Analysis or interpretation of any diagnostic test (ie MRI, CTscan, Xray, etc)
- Medical advice of any kind
- Recommendations in terms of Medications, Treatments, Exercises, etc
Liz ...Spine-health moderator