Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoracic Discectomy

I have a T1-T2 left paracentral disk herniation for two years now. It's causing a lot of pain and discomfort in my left trapz, neck and scapula. I have no signs of myelopathy, but mostly radiculopathy. The CT scan indicates that there is no calcification so far.
I've seen two neurosurgeons and they proposed ACDF (T1-T2) because of my long and slender neck. However they also indicated that the area is quite touchy and could be dangerous.
One of the two neurosurgeon recommended to perform hemilaminectomy first to remove the left sided disk herniated and see if that would take care of my pain. I can then consider ACDF if I need further decompression.
Both docs have only done this procedure once, since thoracic issue are rare in general.
I'm trying to look for a NS or OS that has more experience on thoracic. Unfortunately, I cant find them in my area. I'm willing to travel if needed be.
Please message me if you have any opinion or advice where to go.
Thank you in advance!

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Since no one here is allowed to name specific doctors or hospitals, ......the good, bad, or indifferent.....
    you may find the "find a doctor" useful. It is on left of page.

You say you are willing to travel. You may want to contact larger hospitals, or teaching hospitals, within the limits of your willingness to travel, as they often have names and recommendations of doctors.

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History