Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie asking about Boston Spinal Stimulator

Hi I'm Christy, I'm new to this forum and naturally I have a lot of questions. I'm 45 years old, single parent of a special needs child who is 12, and have lumbago, lumbar spinal stenosis (had a fusion L3-S1 and laminectomy back in 2006-successful for about 6 years), Radiculopathy, Lumbosacral Spondylosis, Sacroilitis, and DDD along with Panic Disorder , ADD, Depression and now dx with Personality Disorder. I've been in several PM clinics but due to Hyperalgesia have recently been detoxed and on Suboxen for pain management. I've been able to work (my hours have been low-about 20 a week) and handle my stress better since starting Suboxone about 3 weeks ago along with previous procedures: a Caudill epidural and transforaminal epidural with another transforaminal epidural scheduled in 4 days but a candidate for a trial Boston spinal stimulator. I received a DVD saying how great it was but not received any details about this implant procedure and recovery time. I've been on my job 7 months and cannot afford to be out of work more than the day of the procedure. I'm a Speech Pathologist in a nursing home environment and do not have to do any major lifting but it's a fast paced work environment with a lot of standing, Leaning, and some pushing heavy patients in a w/c and I commute an hour and fifteen minutes one way. Due to frequent falls and detox for the Suboxone sub-lingual pain management (due to Hyperalgesia) I've missed about 12 days of work and I'm close to losing my job as well as in a financial hardship as a result of no paid time off for all those days missed. Anyway, my PM psychologist said at our last session that I'll be able to go back to work the day after the procedure and only need to take precautions with lifting/reaching but believes the Spinal Stimulator will be the best thing for me. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a stimulator and could offer any success stories and confirm that the recovery period is as easy as she's presenting it to be. I still have pain with the Suboxone but not nearly to the degree it was before and the transforaminal epidural was successful for about 8 days but I struggle with basic housework and working more than 4 hours. I'm also not sleeping during the week increasing my pain even with Suboxone. I'm just reaching out for any helpful information regarding spinal stimulator implants and what I could expect. Thank you for letting me introduce myself and any feedback would be much appreciated!!