Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Long awaited UPDATE from 6 months Post OP Micro at L5/S1

Wanted to thank all here for advice pre and post op from my surgery. It was a big help. I just wanted to update everyone because all is going well with me.

About me: 32, fit, athletic, crossfitter, Cop, surfer, kitesrufer, ACTIVE!

Crossfit did not do this although my herniation came after a workout at L5/S1. I had my micro on 5/5/15. Like most, i had many concerns. Right leg numnbess, calf tightness, weakness, and unable to stand on my right tippy toes alone on my right leg. A month of waiting and I decided to go under, I am too young to have a back injury.

Post OP, I had some numbness. There were times after rehab I had worries, tightness from pushing too hard, and pain/aches. These were known and the thought at the time was I screwed my back up or re-herniated.

I am here to tell all it is possible to make a full recovery. (3) months post OP I entered my crossfit gym and modified everything. (4-5) months I started swimming and really pushing the gym and crossfit more. I am now surfing, kitesurfing, stand up surfing, and crossfitting hard. Deadlifting in the 300 lb range with reps, back squatting in the 200's, and strengthening my back. This is not to brag, but simply to provide hope to those who read these forums and freak out.

Yes I am young, active, and healthy, but perhaps if you are not, change your ways because recovery is much easier and quicker. Anyone at any age can do this, no excuses, plain and simple.

I still to this day on 10/19/15, have some numness I notice. The right leg is feels at times it ran a marathon when my left was just warmed up. I am starting to run even now, with no limp. It takes time, but I see improvement. 1mm a day for nerve healing...that is a lot of days for worst case scenario from ass to toe.

Anybody that has concerns or questions, feel free to ask! I feel like I am an expert on this back stuff and don't ever intend to go through this again, but if I do, I will be the first to say lets do surgery.