Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3.0T Wide Bore or Stand UP

Open to thoughts and opinions on which one to get, my choice. I want the best one. The order is for cervical MRI with contrast.

ACDF C5-C6 - October 2012
ACDF C6-C7 - November 2014

Still have severe neck muscle pain that radiates up from thoracic area. The pain is more aggravated when sitting for more than an hour or standing any length of time. I have had 2 sets of facet joint injections and most recently botox to no avail. Latest Dr visit he said I was starting to show signs of cord compression again and wants to see whats going on.

Thanks for input.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    There are many pro's con's regarding the different type of MRI units today. Essentially, as of now, the standard lay down models, (know with larger tunnels) is the best in terms of clarity, density, resolution, pixel value, T-values, etc

The stand up models are slower coming up to speed in all of that. Some folks indicate that their problem was only identified via a stand up and was overlooked in the conventional units. I dont have any proof one way or the other.

Based on what a doctor is looking for, they are in the best position to identify what type of MRI unit will be best .
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com