Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New guy has my e-mail addy!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
Kim showed off my pics, one of them being my avatar, to a guy she works with and he thought I was pretty! So I guess he wanted my e-mail address and she gave it to him...He cycles and does martial arts, so he must be in pretty good shape! This should be interesting... }:)

• My friend works with him and has asked a lot of questions...She was just telling me about him. But I appreciate the concern! And I'm always careful.
  • This is a really big step for you and I hope you can finally find someone who can make you smile. Just have fun! Hugs, Spicey
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,868
    Nancy, lets hope that you can relax and have fun for a while.
    You need someone who can keep your smiling
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Nancy - That's great news! But, do be careful. When I was single, I would always meet the guy out; that way, if things weren't working out, I'd leave - and he wouldn't know where I lived. About 15 years ago I was stalked by some unknown person (a woman actually put him up to it. she thought I left with 'her man' but it was just that we had walked out of a pool hall at the same time - I didn't know him). But she wanted me hurt, he (the stalker) had mixed feelings about it all. It was very scarey for my family, but really ticked me off! Misunderstandings happen all the time. So, please, please be careful.

BUT, I hope he is the cherry on the sundae for you!

• Jenny, I have to say that your comment is incredibly insensitive. This portion of the forum is called "Matters of the Heart" and is open to discussions of a personal nature.

Does pain make you not want to love? Not want to live a life? How dare you question anyone's pain level by the fact that he or she wants to have someone to love in their life, or for any reason for that matter! How cruel of you :(

If you are SOOOOO insulted by these types of postings might I suggest that you just don't waste your time reading them?

• Jenny, Take the knife out!!
  • This is matters of the heart. I think we can post anything we want. Or what we can get away with.

This is not a chronic pain site. This is a spine health site. There is a difference between them. Can we not post about something other than being in pain? I know that many here are hurting and in need of some relief. My post push the limits sometimes, but I like to laugh too.

Spine problems take a toll on you. It will work on your mind as well. Some people tolerate pain better than others. No one knows but you how you feel.

With that said, I say post on Fancy. Laughter is the best medicine and a smile will spread to others. We are hurting, not dead. Back to you. Tom :P
  • She hasn't read any of my other posts, so what she has to say doesn't really matter...It's of no importance, I have not been hitting on guys here, asked anyone out on a fate and by the way, I thank soooo many of you for taking up for me...I guess that maybe I've helped out more people than I was aware of! YAY!! :D

Apparently the support that I offered her for her has gone unnoticed and hasn't noticed that I am in desperate need of a pretty major back surgery at a young age, as are many on here...So whatever, she knows less than nothing about me and I will continue to pray for her grandchildren...

And in so far as "bigger and oppressing" problems, you have no idea what I'm going through or what I have been through, probably not even bothered to read it and some of it I won't even post...But I have you ever thought of things like that? Nah, probably not, and I was going to offer you help...I'm reporting this to a moderator...Have a nice day Jenny! :)

Oh, one last thing, the comment about them being unsafe is one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read in my life...I don't know to what you are referring, but my best friend set this up, whom I trust with my life...So from now on, you can just no longer read my posts if you have nothing positive to contribute...I am in chronic pain, but am doing the best I can to not let it shut me in and live a life without love...Not all of us have husbands.

AR- don't worry hon, I'll keep posting away!
  • Jenny,
    Wow, Great support there. If I remember correctly you use to always put blessings, jenny. Well ya might want to learn to pause and think before you hit submit.
    Very rude,but not the first I have seen.
  • I wasn't going to post because I didn't want to add fuel to the fire, but I can't help myself.

From what I understood of Nancy's post, this guy is totally unrelated from this site. I would imagine that her friend wanted to show this guy a picture of Nancy and knew that her picture was here on this website.

These other sections on this forum are not pain related in any way - it is a place to post other things about our lives that aren't always related to pain and our healths. In fact, lately I read posts in this section and the water cooler most often, because I don't want to think about pain 100% of the time and it is nice to know that people on here do not focus on pain all the time, either, and have other aspects of their lives that they would like to share. This is a COMMUNITY and it is unhealthy to always think about pain. I went through a period where I thought about my pain all the time, and I was very unhappy. It is good to think of other things.

I think the whole thread should be removed and that Nancy should be allowed to start over - so that she can think about happy things in her life, and not have it ruined by people who might not want to think about happy things. Maybe you could rephrase your post so that people don't get the wrong idea?

I'm so sorry Nancy, I am young, too, but not as young as you. I am very glad that I got through college before this happened to me, and that I meant my fiance before, also. Having this kind of pain really does affect your social life, especially when everyone else is going out a drinking, playing pool, bowling, etc - things that I can't do (drink) or that hurt to do (bowl). My energy levels are just not anywhere near my friends'. Pretty much all I have energy for is work - if I do go out and "party" I don't even have fun, b/c everyone asks why I'm not drinking. So I know what you're missing, I'm sure we all do, and it isn't really limited by age.
  • I am so glad to see that I have reached out and made so many friends here that are willing to take up for me...If she had bothered to learn the first thing about me, she would know that I have posted many, many times in the chronic pain forums and the neck forums...If she had read my signature, she would know that I suffer from debilitating chronic pain, that I am in need of a 3-level ACDF in my neck and that I have terrible headaches that often turn into migraines...

Had she also bothered to read the rest of my posts in here, she would see that in the past month I have lost some one that I love dearly, gotten into yet another car accident and lost my job as well...And had she bothered to get to know me, she would know that I was active in karate myself before the car accident destroyed my life as I know it...

I fail to see how it is "unsafe" for you, as it wasn't your picture that was shown or your e-mail address that was given out, so he has no interest in you whatsoever...

What goes around comes around, I'm a firm believer in that and karma...So while your post is rude and ignorant, I still wish you luck with your pain, recovery and whatever else is going on in your life...And I hope that you are shown more kindness than you have shown to me. Have a nice day. And next time, you may want to actually KNOW what's going on in a person's life before you make ignorant comments.

Thank you all of you, much love to you and I hope that you are having low pain days and if not I'm sending gentle hugs...And no worries, I won't let one ignorant post stop me from posting in this forum and others, nor let it stop me from reaching out to those who need a shoulder or a cyber-ear. I love this site and I'm not going ANYWHERE!

P.S. Love you mama Griff!
  • :) fancypants, hope you feel better soon! Jenny
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,868
    I hope that everyone has read my post regarding Matters of the Heart in the Announcement category.

As is stated in that post, Matters of the Heart are exactly for the type of posts that fancypants has made.

Like Paul, I look forward to more of these types of posts from all Members. That is why Matters of the Heart is here.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I would love to hear more about this guy... PM me if you like.

Glad to see you are still around, I was worried, as I had not seen a post from you in a while...

Hope to talk to you soon