Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 Weeks POST L5S1 fuison LIFE

So I am 5 weeks from the day I had an L5S1 fusion. I had so much roller coaster nerve pain for 8 months before the surgery. I woke up from surgery with no nerve pain or nerve irritation symptoms for a few days. Then suddenly a few days after surgery it all started to come back. Nerve pain in butt, left leg, and the most nerve pain in severe ways to the left foot. I am now at 5 weeks and still a roller coaster but a little good today. Main thing I have had for several days and still have today is massive nerve vibrations everywhere from the left butt all the way to the toes, non stop for several days now. Occasionally I get the sharp cutting and burning in various places. It's all so strange because it is so different at times. Suddenly massive heat feeling throughout thigh like my thigh was in the oven at a low temp. Then a single burning line in the calf. Just throwing my symptoms out there for anyone to compare. HARDEST part of this all is the mental state. Always considered my self a strong person who has done so much physical activity and work in my 35 years of life. But the bouncing near depression feeling is harder than I every imagined. Sitting around everyday in various forms of pain from minor to major is depressing. I can walk every day, even though it often comes with hours of various bad foot pain afterwards. I say to all get outside as much as possible, walk as much as possible, and talk to friends and family often, ALL TO LIFT YOUR SPIRIT AND MOOD!
advertisement

Comments

• cpmeyerccpmeyer Posts: 1
    edited 11/04/2015 - 3:57 AM
    I had an L5-S1 PLIF 8 wks ago with chief of spine surgery at[edit] hospital in NYC. Woke up from surgery in agony. Had no feeling in my left leg. Left hospital with numbness and pain. It started to go away a couple weeks ago as I did more things in physical therapy. Then last week the left leg pain returned and bad! From my glutes to my toes it hurts! Took Prednisone a month ago with little relief. Started yesterday, another 6 day prednisone for my leg and now my back starting hurting again! It didn't hurt this bad presurgery! Going to try to get MRI this week. Any doctors on here with words of enlightenment ate greatly appreciated! HELP!! I'm 31!

There are no medical professionals, doctors, etc on the forum side of the site. There fore no one can provide you with any medical advice. The main section of this site does have articles and videos covering almost every condition and treatment

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,940
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History