Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve pain in feet. Why so long

I had spinal fusion disectomy laminectomy four months ago at t12 l1. and my left foot was burning in pain right after surgery. I did not have this pain prior to surgery. I have had post surgical Mris and the doctor says he doesn't see any other compression. I've been in so much pain. I take percocets and lyrica but it really doesn't help. I am worried about damage to my nerves or spinal cord and I do not know what to do. I've seen so many other doctor including neurologist and neurosurgeons and they have not been able to diagnose me.

I realize this could be scar tissue but my pain showed up the day after surgery. My doctor says he didn't have to touch the spinal cord or thecal sac for that matter. I don't know why this nerve pain has been going on like this. It is unbearable and keeps me from doing things a s leading a normal life. I have to rest a lot and I'm always thinking about the pain.

Has anyone else experienced this ? What options do I have ? Other meds? Spinal cord stimulator ? Any insights would be appreciated

Thanks
Jerry
advertisement

Comments

• This foot pain problem is what mostly occurs to younger people who exert their feet often in their daily activities. So, as I asked to one of my physical therapy friend, what he suggested me, I am going to mention the same below. I hope trying out this simple exercise would definitely relief some pain.
    So what you need to do is- with your foot in your lap, just place your thumbs side by side at the back of the arch, right in front of the heel and press in hard and hold. Now release the pressure after 30 seconds raising slowly your toes up as far as you can, but hold your toes up for another 30 seconds. For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.