Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

muscle pain and extreme weakness everywhere 4 weeks post Lumbar fusion

I need help/ I am 4 weeks post op today. I have had several complications including severe anemia and pneumonia both of which I had to be hospitalized for. I had my L4-5 fused to an existing fusion of L2-4 and hardware removed from previous fusions.
My problem is that I feel like I'm going downhill.. Every muscle in my body hurts to move, like it hurts my hand to pick up a small glass. Moving my leg in bed just a little makes me want to cry from pain. I'm still on pain meds, but they are trying to get me off of them pretty fast. I also have 30 lbs of edema all over my body since surgery that they are treating with lasix and its helping some but its slow. It hurts to touch me, it hurts to move anything, getting up to go to the bathroom sends me into tears every time and its not my back that hurts, its the muscles all over the rest of my body. Does anyone know what this could be? I went back to taking more meds because otherwise I literally cannot move. I'll probably lose my pain doctor because of it but I don't care right now. I really don't want to have to go back to the hospital for the 4th time. They probably already think I'm either drug seeking even though I don't ask for pain meds or a hypochondriac. My surgeon is out of town and his assistant is sick. I have an appointment to see my regular GP who I love on Fri and has been working with me about the lasix, pneumonia and anemia. I was supposed to see her today but she is sick so I have to wait till Friday. Any advice is appreciated. thanks
Severe DDD in S1-T12. 5 disc herniations. 5 compression fractures. Had a 2 level lumbar fusion/decompression on June 12, 2013. L4-5 foraminotomy on Jan 8, 2014, Right SI fusion in Oct 2014. Scheduled for L4-5 fusion to existing fusion on Sept 28, 2015