Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Kinda wierd

Well I've been getting 20 morphine a month. I'm only suppose to take one on the days I work. Well last month I never even looked at the script, I just turned it in to the pharmacy. To start with I was having a medial branch block, so one of the assistants gave me my prescriptions after taking my blood pressure to release me. I turned in my scripts, got them filled and left. The next morning when I woke up to go to work I noticed the morphine said 30. I don't know I just thought maybe the nurse practitioner started giving me 30 (one a day) well today when I went for my visit I looked and it said the usual 20. My first reaction was crap!!! I mean seriously one every day would have been nice. Anyway I told her last month I was...well accidently given 30. She quickly looked and said "you sure was" LoL, she said she was gonna have to make a call about that. I don't really know if I should have said anything or not. I'm sure it obviously was an accident on whoevers part and I really hope no one got in any serious trouble over it either.
Rick Anderson. I live in middle Tennessee. I'm a former pro motocrosser, raced a car on dirt tracks for 5 years, played tennis in high school, now raising 2 kids and enjoying life to the best of my ability :)

• Back before the printed script when doctors were still actually writing them, I would often miss mistakes until after the pharmacy had filled it.

I can't see where 10 pills is going to be a big deal.

It certainly wasn't your fault and to fix it after it had been filled would have meant getting your script written all over again.

If you feel you need the 1 pill per day, this might be an opportune time to just mention to your doctor that the one pill a day sure made a difference for you.

It couldn't hurt anything. I mean either he or she will think it's a good idea or they won't.

Seems like a reasonable request to me.

• Thanks Cindy, I don't know I said something to her as I was walking out the door. She gives me my prescription as I'm leaving. I guess they prolly do that with everyone. Anyway that probably wasn't the best time to talk about it. Besides she had already printed out my new script, I asked, she said no. She would have had to print out another script. I don't know that probably wouldn't been that big of a deal I guess, I don't really know. This month I have to have a radio frequency thing done so I won't see her. I'm quite sure whoever prints out mine this time won't make a mistake LoL. Yes, I'm going to talk to her in a few months about it. Hey? This radio frequency thing might work too. I really don't know much about it. I'm going to research it. When they did the medial branch block I don't think anyone told me I'd only feel relief for a few hours only after they did it. If someone did then I don't remember. Anyway my blood pressure was pretty high and I took a Valium to calm me down. They offer one anyway, they said it helps with muscle spasms latter. I really don't like them though and I fell asleep on the way home. Someone called me several days later and asked if I felt any relief a few hours after having the shots. I honestly don't know if it did or not. I'm going to go ahead and have it done anyway. I mean it may help and I'll take any relief I can get. As far as the morphine goes those pills don't last 12 hours. I've been taking them for several months now and I know when it's starting to wear off!!! I guess I shouldn't be complaining, but the oxycodone last 3-5 hours so I thought the morphine was a 12 hour pill. I've learned if I'm doing activity (maybe I shouldn't say I'm at work, I don't know LoL) I need to have a oxycodone handy. I learned that the hard way too. Some days it's almost like they don't last more then 5-6 hours!!! It's not in my head either because I know I have another pill to take. I can't believe I'm talking about this on an open forum board, but seriously I feel like I was duped or something.
    Rick Anderson. I live in middle Tennessee. I'm a former pro motocrosser, raced a car on dirt tracks for 5 years, played tennis in high school, now raising 2 kids and enjoying life to the best of my ability :)
  • I am sure they documented in your medical history that you brought it to their attention. That's a good thing with Pain Management. If they know you're an honest person, they will be more likely to trust you when you discuss your past medical history and conditions.

The RFA can cause you to be uncomfortable for a couple days afterwards. Don't be shocked if it feels like someone kicked the crap out of you! But, that should be short lived. Most people have really good results from RFA. They will probably give you a medication right before the procedure so that you're a bit "loopy" for the procedure. It was my experience that they don't put you to sleep, but you really don't give a flip about anything during the procedure!

Best of luck!

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2