Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I will be having neck surgery this August it has been getting hard for me to deal with the pain in my neck and low back. It makes it hard for me to sleep at nite with the pain, so now i feel that surgery is the only way out and I guess life in general is full of taking chances. I will also be having low back surgery this Year after my neck surgery because the surgeon told me that it could help my condition. I hope and pray that everything turns out ok and that i dont feel the pain i feel right now! I would like to get back to work someday i get tired of having nothing to do and depending on disability is really hard because i have alot of bills to pay. Anyways has anyone had low back or neck surgery out there well if you have maybe you can help me to know what i am up against!

• Well i have had several surgeries on my c-spine and they did help the problems that i was having at the time. Had a few set backs that caused other problems. If you can tell us what surgeries your looking at and what levels we might beable to give a better answer. Depending on your diagnosis and what the surgeons feels is in your best interest.
  • Is this the same kind of surgery you are to have? Hope all goes well. Good luck!
  • I too am facing ACDF surgery soon. I have been reading as much as possible, but still having some fears. Any comments regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Lori
  • First let me say welcome Mandy and thearsbaby to spine-health. There is a lot of information here on the boards to consume. How many levels will they be doing for your surgery. Will you be using your bone cadaver bone or some other type. Do either of you have a surgery date as of yet. I have gone through the surgery and it was not that bad but the recovery is slow and boring. Also you may want to fight out if you will be in the need of collars or a brace after surgery. Usually they are ordered depending on the situation they are correcting. Anyway just wanted to say welcome to the forums and will be looking forward to more of your post.
  • Is there a reason why you aren't having ADR instead of fusion? I recently had a 3 level ADR in my cervical cavity and I have a ot of info. regarding fusion vs. ADR.. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
  • Thanks Tamtam~ Final plans have not been made as of yet, however, I believe that I am having at least 2 levels done. I am having another test soon-they will inject dye into my disks and see which ones need to be replaced. He thinks at least 2. I believe he also said he would use spacers and a metal plate. I have an appt with my neuro-surgeon this Monday, so will find out more then. If anyone can suggest any questions I should really ask him I would appreciate it. Im sure with my nerves, and my hubby's nerves, we are bound to forget something! Thanks again for the warm welcome and I look forward to becoming more a part of the group! ~Lori~
  • Sounds like the test they are going to perform is a discogram. But here is a article on spine-health that may help you with additional questions to ask your surgeon http://www.spine-health.com/blog/sleep-and-insomnia/38-questions-ask-your-surgeon-having-back-surgery. Lori once they let you know the procedure they will be performing look in the video section and you can watch a video of the procedure. They are animated videos so not to graphic. If you would like to see a surgery for real there are some available on you tube of the actual surgeries. Keep us posted on the meeting with the surgeon on Monday.
  • HI....Yup...they will be doing a discogram soon. They are requesting it be done STAT. After that...then comes the surgery...no date set yet for either but Dr. said would be soon...it's funny, when it's just the "talking" about it stage, it isnt so bad, but, now it seems more real. Need all the support I can get!
This discussion has been closed.