Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

T12-L4 Posterior Spinal Fusion, L2 Corpectomy, L1-L3 Anterior Fusion

NotanaccidentNNotanaccident Posts: 1
edited 10/30/2015 - 2:01 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi this my first post . I was in a car accident in 2000 and 2012. I am 34 years old and female. I live in southern California. These are a cliffs notes version of my CT scan, Mri and x Ray findings. I have had no sugicial proceedures done to date. I am on very low doses of medication 1 mg of Tianazadine, 2.5 of IR oxy and 800 ibuprofen. I have generic lidocine patches also that I use sometimes also. I can't do injections due to the spinal canal being compromised to the extreme per PM. I now have a new PM that said he would do them. I can not take a lot of pain medicine and work, that is why my does remain so low. Truth be told I don't think any amount of medication would help the the daily pain I have. My bones pop and crack with every move I make. The pain is so deep at this point I don't know what a normal day feels like any longer . I am watching physically my body curve and twist from the now scolosis I have. Surgery was offered to me after the 2nd car accident which I declined since the 1 St fracture I had healed so well. I thought the pain would just go away like it did the first time. It took 2 years but finally the pain was nothing but a dull ache occansionly . This 2 nd one is so much worse. I am scared of surgery since they will fuse all of my lumbar and I will lose my ability to bend . I have down for years on and off since 2000 from MVA s .

6-8-2000 CT Scan of Lumbar Spine from MVA 4-26-00
Fracture through the L1 Vertebral body with mild retropulsion into the canal but no significant stenosis of the central canal.

2-8-2012 CT Scan of Lumbar Spine from collision into a retaining wall off the freeway.
Old compression deformity of L1. There is a burst fracture of L2 now. The fracture extends into the left pedicle, the left facet joint and the left lamina. There is a large retroplused bony fragment into the spinal canal. There is a compression and displacment and the cal sac and cord posteriorly . The AP diameter of the canal measures 4.5mm. There is an edema and a retroperitoneal hematoma along the right psosas muscle .

3-30-2012 CT of Lumbar Spine
There is a burst fracture of L2. The vertebrae body is collapsed. Bone projects into the spinal canal 8 m m clearly causing spinal senosis and reducing the canal diameter at the midline to about 5 m m . There is a loss of 50 % vertebrae height . There is an old decompression. Of L1 that is mostly situated to the right of the midline, causing an eccentric wedging to the right and loss of approximately 50 %. It appears that some of the disk protuded I o or through the superior end plate of L1. There is prominent marginal end plate spondylophyte formation anteriorly and latterly at L1 - L2. Also indicating the chronicity of this process. The remaining vertebal body is intact . T11-T12. Spinal canal are normal . there is mild narrowing of the facet joints.
L1-L2 There is vacuum disk phenomenon at this level . as stated above there is a burst fracture of L2 into the spinal canal . causing moderate to severe central spinal stenosis . there is mild widening of the facet joints at this level.
L2-L3.Bone protrudes into the left neural foramen from the posterior inferior end plate . This is causing moderate foraminal narrowing . There is moderate right narrowing less to the left . spinal canal diameter in the midline at this level measuring 9.0 -10.0
L4-L5 2.0 -3.0 m m disk bulge
L5- S1 2.0 -3.0 mm disk bulge with end plate spondyophyte. On that side of L5.
Degererative changes through the lumbar spine. There is an old fracture of the transverse process of L2.

5-12-2014 XRay of Lumbar Spine
There is scoliosis of the lumbar spine to the left. Degernative facet disease is seen. Fracture of L2, L1 again noted.

7-12-2014 The superior aspect of L2 is prosterior in position in the spinal canal is compromised. Is the sagittal dimension measures 11 m m on this study. This is comparable to the prior study . at the inferior portion of the L2 the narrowest part 7 m m . This L2 - L3 neural foramina are narrowed bilarerally. L5 S1 and has degernative disk disease w 3 m m broad based bulging .

7-1-2015 X Ray lumbar spine
We notice significant compression deformity of Body of L2 vertebrae with extension posteriorly in the spinal canal . There is calcification of anterior spinal ligament . Moderate anterior osterophytes are seen at this level. Once again we see narrowing of the disk space at L5 - S1. Facet arthritic changes are seen at this level . Levoscoliosis is present . There is a posterior extension of L1 L2.

I have an CT neXT WEEK AGAIN. Has anyone had lumbar all fused w surgery ?

Lauren F

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    edited 10/31/2015 - 12:24 AM
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi Notanaccident

I have not had lumbar all fused but I can relate to some of your symptoms. I may need similar surgery one day although I am being advised against it at the moment. I'd be interested to hear how you get on if you have any updates to share in the future. You said you now have some scoliosis; do you have any kyphosis as well?
    February 2015 : T12 burst fracture undiagnosed for 12 weeks
    June 2015: kyphoplasty
    December: T12-L3 facet injections
    Currently contemplating reconstruction